“My top pick for a special dinner!”
Review of Rustica

Rustica
Ranked #7 of 349 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Rustica has been my number one choice of places to eat in kalamazoo for about 4 years now. Amazing food. Good location and a classy atmosphere. Being small and located downtown, it can get really busy on the weekends but it's ALWAYS worth the wait.

We have always had great service and food. Never any issues. Most of the menu items are about $17-24 which is higher but not crazy. I think we have tried everything on the menu at least once and nothing has been disappointing.

I have two suggestions 1) try to get one of the three 2-seat tables along the glass wall by the kitchen. It's always interesting to watch the chefs cooking and preparing the plates. 2) order the pressed coffee with your dessert. It is beyond wonderful. I have tried to replicate it at home and it's just never as good.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

You can expect good food, excellent service and reasonable prices. The menu changes seasonally. If you enjoy creativity in the kitchen, you will be pleased with what is offered.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

A very friendly upscale eatery in downtown Kalamazoo. Started the dinner with appetizers, I choose the green pea and mint soup (delicious) my husband had the grilled romaine salad which he enjoyed. For entrees I had the braised lamb shanks on a bed of grilled artichoke hearts and sauteed kale, excellent. My husband the hanger steak which was beautifully cooked. Service was very good, enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had read rave reviews for Rustica in Trip Advisor, so we went there with high expectations. Rustica is very good, but our expectations may have been too high. The atmosphere is urban, not rustic. The interior surfaces are hard so that sounds turn into noise. The service was fine but not exceptional. My wife's pork loin was wonderfully tender and succulent. My bouillabaisse had a delicious sauce, but was heavy with chunks of boiled potato leaving little room in the bowl for the scanty seafood. Dessert was dark chocolate and orange gelato and was exceptionally good. I wish I could join the enthusiasts for Rustica to give it a 5, but it feel short enough to make it a 4.

1  Thank yalahajohn
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Only once I have liked the food there. They don't try to acommodate any special needs or likes.I hope I don't have to go there ever again. Expensive for the final product.

1  Thank rvg-dad