Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kalamazoo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clarion Inn(Kalamazoo)
Econo Lodge(Kalamazoo)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskbusy weekendparking lotcomplimentary breakfastwingsstayed one nightstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat roomhiepillowscorkhighwaykeurigihgkarami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I just want say that this hotel is wonderful! Over the last 6 monthes you can see a change in the hotel for the better. The rooms are extremely clean. The housekeepers spoke to when I came down the hallways which made me feel as if they are very aware of thier surroundings. The front desk girl in the afternoon was very helpful and very polite. What ever they are doing for the last couple of months keep doing it. Great Job! I would recommend this hotel while in the Kalamazoo area.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Thetravler30
Reviewed 17 August 2007

OK place to spend the night. Room was clean, sheets clean, towels unstained. Breakfast foods ran out fast, though. Stayed in August 2007, cost $76 plus tax with 7-day advance purchase. Was worried what it would be like, but was fine.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank CenTexan
Reviewed 6 June 2006

We were very happy with out room, however the cable that connected the TV to the DVD player was missing. When we called the front desk we were simply told there were no more cables, I asked if they could get one from another room, Jim, the desk clerk said that they were sold out. He did not offer any remedy or even apologize. I got on line and went to the Holiday Inn website and noticed that there were two rooms available. I am the manager of a hotel myself, and I know that there can sometimes be room discrepancies that could lead to over booking. I called the desk clerk back and informed him that it showed there were two rooms left on line and that he may need to update his inventory. Jim proceeded to yell at me saying that there was nothing and he hung up on me. I called back and asked for his manager’s name, he stated that the manager wasn't there. I again said, I asked for the name. He said that he was the manager, then I asked for the GM and he said that they did not have a GM. At this point the cable was irrelevant, it was the treatment from Jim. I told him that if I had to I would call guest relations, and I did after he hung up on me again.

I told this to guest relations and they informed me that there was a GM and that this would be taken care of. A while later a maintenance man showed up, who was called in just to bring us a cable (which supposedly didn't exist). Chuck, the maintenance guy was extremely friendly and very very accommodating, offering to get us anything we needed. Today I received a generic apology e-mail that did not even address a specific issue, and put the blame on me. This is absolutely ridiculous! I would never stay here again or recommend it. Even though I was getting an employee rate, I would rather pay 5 times that for a better place.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank bogogal
Reviewed 29 May 2005

After reading some of the responses seemed like a balanced approach was needed. Nice place, normal Holiday Inn Quality. Staff could have been a bit more knowledgable about the area (we were first time visitors) but the motel itself was fine. One thing about Holiday Inn you know it will be clean. safe and with very rare exception a fair value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled on business
6  Thank MikeandDeni
A TripAdvisor Member
south bend Indiana
Reviewed 5 August 2004

My family had reservations on 25/26 of June at the Holiday Express in Kalamazoo. when they arrived on friday night the room smelled strongly of urine and they refused the room
I was called at 1 am in South Bend Ind that my daughter and family had been escorted off the property (y police) to the Best Western Hotel . and that my reservations for the following night had been cancelled, and that my daughter and family would be escorted off if they came.It was not true that they had a police escort , they left on teir own.
I would not stay in that hotel or recommend it to anyone,

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member