“its sad their closed half the year.”

The Root Beer Stand
Ranked #63 of 347 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 April 2013

A place like this would be amazing if they were open all year along, with their classic hot dogs and obviously root beer. I love the idea of not having to get out of your car, I'm lazy, and they come to you.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Root beer Stand is known for hotdogs and fresh Root beer. If you aren't interested in either one of those this place isn't for you. If you love hotdogs though you won't find a better dog in town. They have an amazing taste to them. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I love love love this place. You get to sit in your car and they wait on you. We have been going here for many years and the service and hot dogs are still perfect. We go over 10 -15 times a season.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

It ain't classy, but it's classic. Root Beer Stand. Hot dogs, Root Beer. For me, this place is tasty, yummy nostalgia.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I don't know where everyone is getting there great hot dogs at but they sure aren't here. The buns are steamed to much and the hot dogs have stayed in the water to long. I'll get my dogs somewhere else