“Food mediocre to poor, service same”
Review of Bennucci's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bennucci's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is one of those places with way too many items on the menu, and most items feature way too many ingredients. Settling on basic items like a Reuben, a steak and a burger, each of us in our party of three was disappointed in the food. I was quite hungry and couldn't even eat half of the Reuben, it was so bad - no flavor at all. My husband said his steak was tough. Our friend called her burger "mediocre" and didn't finish it. When we reported our disappointment to the server, she simply raised her eyebrows and brought our check, no adjustments offered. The place was quite noisy, but the singer entertaining was very good - he was the best thing about this place. I will never go back, and would not suggest this place to anybody who has any palate at all.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This place is the "Cheers" of Kalamazoo. It is a friendly, home town place. The food is all homemade and great.

1  Thank Blondie282828
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I was staying near by for the night and read all the reviews for a fair chance at good dinner.
Ambiance is lacking. I suggest not sitting close to the bar, the crowd was loud. Looked like a regular watering hole for older crowd. Service was slow. They could have used one more waitress. I asked for how the chicken piccata was, she said very good and a new house special.
So I rolled the dice and gambled on it. LOSER, not the best, in fact it was made with Alfredo sauce, not the stock, lemon juice and capers I know. I should have tried the spaghetti and meat balls. Burnt again.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We loved this place! Spent 2 nights in Kalamazoo for a lacrosse tournament. The atmosphere is great. They had an acoustic musician playing during dinner. My son loved the ribs. We liked it so much that we ordered a pizza the second night and took it back to the hotel.

1  Thank HTMcClellan
Reviewed 11 January 2013

the atmosphere is great, food is good, service is super. Drinks are good and entertainment is fun. I have dined here numerous times and will continue to when in Kalamazoo.

1  Thank Plat_Ron