“Rudest front desk person ever!”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Grayling, MI
“Rudest front desk person ever!”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stay in 100+ Red Roof Inns per year and have for many years. I like the chain because they almost always have outside entrances and they take dogs. They are usually well maintained, clean grounds, good appointments and friendly staff. All this applies for the Kazoo Red Roof except for the gal on the front desk. I have never encountered such a rude (almost mean) individual in the service industry in my career. I'm contacting Red Roof Customer Relations to let them know she is costing them business.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Brooke R
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your experience at our Kalamazoo East property. Please accept my sincere apology for the service that your received . Please know that we take customer service very seriously and we will make sure the corrective action is taken to insure that all of our guests will have a positive experience whiles staying with. I hope that when traveling through the Kalamazoo area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks again for sharing your concerns.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Maribel, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 May 2011

You get what you pay for and sometimes cheap rooms are scary. This was clean, comfortable, quiet and the internet works well ++++

Room Tip: Bonus if Elizabeth is working the desk!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank iRACEiss
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 26 March 2011

First off the total cost of this was $42.00 including tax and it was on a weekend. The hotel was located right off of I94 and very easy to find. The room was older and in good condition just a tad dirty as I found some loose debris on the carpet, but overall it was clean and quit. Beds were confortable and clean. The wireless internet access was faster than I expected and no password was required.
I checked in at 1:30 am and the clerk who was an older lady was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this for the bugeted minded person, as you could stay here 2 nights for theprice of the holiday inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and to make sure that we are providing a good value for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Chatfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My daughter and I arrived about midnight, and friendly staff checked us in. The price was right, good location, an older hotel, but well-kept.

• Stayed October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and helps make us better.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We went thru Expedia and paid $59. The hotel staff were very helpful. The room was clean, but needs some repairs. Good room for the price, but I wouldn't pay more to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with our staff.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Liz who works the front has went above and beyond to make sure I am comfortable!She is one of the best front desk clerks I have ever delt with.Kind smile pleasing attitude and willing to go the extra mile for you to fill good about your stay.Thank You so Much!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
michigan
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I have stayed here many times and will continue too when ever I am in this area. Price is good and the staff here is great! It's not a new hotel, but it is clean. I really do not have any complaints, if I ever need any thing the staff takes care of it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business