“love new changes”

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“love new changes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

i came here last year and have been staying here long time. this place is updating which is good. the manager is friendly and helpful. workers are finally doing better work and getting us what we need for what we paid

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MLynnWard, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm so happy to hear that you love what we have done to our property. I want to let you know that we are under a complete renovation and would love to see you again when you are passing by.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We came here for work and this place provided alot of help and friendliness. The rooms were good for what we paid for. Stayed 2 weeks and would come back. Great stay keep it up red roof inn. Ps the manager is really nice and helps out anytime you need help.!

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks for the great review. I'm glad to here that this is a perfect place for your workers. I hope to see your crew that next time that your in Kalamazoo.
South Haven, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

On 7/10/2013 new owners took over. The old owners and their staff were great. They treated their guests more like family than customers. They would go out of their way to keep guests happy. They were great people.
Then the new owners took over. The very first thing they did was to raise the rates. From 44.95 plus taxes a day to 80.95 plus taxes. Next they removed all the old shade trees. The owner and his staff are impolite and down right rude. They will walk into your room without knocking. My wife and I have stayed there several times and enjoyed our time there. But when this stay is over we will be finding a new Inn. Probably be the other Red Roof in Kalamazoo. These new owners will walk by past and won't say a word. I say hello to them every time they walk past. And as of today, they have never said anything back. I will still use Red Roof when traveling, just not Red Roof East in Kalamazoo.

Room Tip: The new rooms are great. New beds and large flat screen TV's.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bocephus47
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected. Feedback from our guests is always welcome. Being able to provide our guest with a non-smoking facility has become a big priority as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve. Thank you for your business, Amish P General Manager
Glenshaw, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

From June 11, 2013 to June 16, 2013, my family and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn East, Kalamazoo, Mi. During that stay, we did not have room service for 3 days. No beds made, no clean towels, washcloths, no soap and no toilet paper. We had to go to the office each of those 3 days to retrieve those items. The toilet leaked for 2 days before it was finally fixed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jackie W
MLynnWard, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 27 July 2013

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Our first room smelled like a dingy ashtray and second was only slightly better with cigarette burns and stains on the bathtub and wastebaskets. No breakfast although restaurants nearby were available. The whole place looked dingy and in need of an upgrade but you get what you pay for- a sorta half decent room, bed, wifi and air conditioner.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the rooms first and insist on a clean and well maintained room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. We are working hard in an attempt to upgrade our rooms and facility. We try to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sorry if we failed to do so.

I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.
kalamazoo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Wow what a simple and clean place! My family was here for a funeral and I needed great rooms and a great price. I checked out several places(physically) can't be too careful! Red Roof gave me a great price for really great rooms, not fancy, but clean and fresh. I booked 3 rooms for my family, the only complaint was there was no iron in the rooms.

Room Tip: always ask friends and family about places they have stayed more than once
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we were able to provide for you.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome, and our staff looks forward to hearing from our guests.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I always hope that I reach Chelsea on the phone when I make my reservation. She projects optimism and has a great memory as she makes sure my accommodations match my needs.

The staff all know me, and its great to feel that you're welcome back each time.

It is convenient to move your belongings in and out of this motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for posting this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Chelsea; I know that she will be pleased to hear that you appreciate her hospitality. Feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated as we continually strive for improvement.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future