Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
US$103
US$210
US$168
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskkalamazoo westdog showroom was cleanrefrigerator and microwaveone night staymotelredroofdryerhighwayfihousekeepingcollegeinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I initially booked a room with motel 6 off of sprinkle road... (never stay there, it was horendously filthy, smelled, poop on the front door mat, huge gap in door where the dead bolt was crackerd, tv was bad with static, and there wifi didn't work at All)...

I changed my reservation to red roof inn Kalamazoo west, and for $5.00 more then what I paid at motel 6 I got piece of mind, clean spacious room, smelled good, clean shower, friendly service at the front desk, friendly maid, and clean walk ways and all around I felt safe...

After all the taxes were added my nightly stay for a night was ($56.52) believe me that's a steal... Love it love it love it... Trust me it is worth staying here... I will every time I am in town!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Missingmyhawaii
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Kalamazoo West Red Roof Inn. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms.

Feedback from our guest is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for being our guest and for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

The staff were very friendly. The room was clean, with plenty of room. The bathroom was small, but functional. The beds were okay, and the bedding was clean, even though there were a few stains on it. The mattresses were not the best I've slept on, but they weren't the worst either. We were just looking for a room to sleep in, and it fulfilled our needs. I would stay here again, should I be in the area. Be sure to let them know if you don't use the safe, as there is an automatic charge for it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great place for quiet, ease of access to major highway, across from a fitness club, restaurants not too far away. Good internet and TV availability, friendly staff, clean room/bathroom with decent temperature control, felt safe with deadbolt lock. Thank you!

Room Tip: Second floor, away from highway, although still quiet everywhere.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My fiance and I travel to the Kalamazoo area every couple of months, and this hotel has never disappointed us. The room is always clean, free of odors, and quiet. It is in a good location with very little noise and not seedy in the least bit, in my opinion. While there is no free breakfast, there is a great little diner, Rykse's, about 2 blocks away. The internet connection and TV work fine, at least every time I have stayed here. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the Kalamazoo area. Great price, great employees, and overall a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed one night on my way back to Idaho. I was a bit scared at first traveling alone and I wasnt sure if I would feel safe but once I was checked in and in my clean room, I was very comfortable. The next morning the person at the front desk...very nice lady ( sorry dont know her name) gave me written directions to Walmart. She was very helpful and friendly. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo