Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
dwight illinois
“Great Value”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great value, great location and very accomidating staff. The room was very clean and comfortable (with the exception of the smokey odor). I was hesitant considering the price and was afraid that the room would not be clean, and with old bedding, etc. The room was freshly painted, with new carpet and bedding. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank snootyb
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your impressions of our inn.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Gobles, Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I would like to comment on the service and promptness of this hotel.

We have stayed at this location several times and during one stay several things happened. First the heater went out in our room and the clerks were super in securing another room for us immediately. However, the heater in that room was very noisy over night and after heating the room, blew cold air. Upon explaining the problem, the desk clerk, Craig was wonderful and comped our room for one night.

We appreciated the above and beyond effort made by the whole staff and will definately stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay.

I am very sorry for the issues that you had with your heaters. I am very pleased that Craig was able to take care of things for you and resolve the issue to your satisfaction; I will make sure to share your comments with him.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Coopersburg PA USA
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Just a note, to say that I've stayed often (most recently, about 20 days over the past 5 months) at this Red Roof, and have not only gotten terrific value (room: spotlessly clean; good furnishings and equipment) -- but the best part is the staff: Real People! Universally friendly and helpful. Professional, and more friendly and polite than the staff I have constantly encountered in my vast traveling experience in staying in hotels up to many times the price of Red Roof.

Especially halpfull to me with various travel issues is a man named CRAIG, often
researching travel-related questions that I have. Thanks, especially, Craig!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the quality of our rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Your comments about our hospitality were much appreciated as we strive to make our guests feel at home.

Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great place, convenient to my destination. Plenty of restaurants in the vicinity; close to Western Michigan University. Wi-Fi in each room is a great amenity.
Craig H. is always friendly and personable, interested in our comfort and well-being. Reservations are easy to come by, and they have given me the accommodations I request.

Room Tip: Ground floor is my preference.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have been staying at this property for many years---I keep coming back because of the excellent helpful staff-like Craig, great wi-fi, convenience to highway and good night's sleep! A resonably priced good hotel is out there and this is it!

Room Tip: ask for quiet room away from highway
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your gracious comments regarding your stay at the Kalamazoo West Red Roof Inn.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Kapolei, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I initially booked a room with motel 6 off of sprinkle road... (never stay there, it was horendously filthy, smelled, poop on the front door mat, huge gap in door where the dead bolt was crackerd, tv was bad with static, and there wifi didn't work at All)...

I changed my reservation to red roof inn Kalamazoo west, and for $5.00 more then what I paid at motel 6 I got piece of mind, clean spacious room, smelled good, clean shower, friendly service at the front desk, friendly maid, and clean walk ways and all around I felt safe...

After all the taxes were added my nightly stay for a night was ($56.52) believe me that's a steal... Love it love it love it... Trust me it is worth staying here... I will every time I am in town!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Missingmyhawaii
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Kalamazoo West Red Roof Inn. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms.

Feedback from our guest is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for being our guest and for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Wasaga Beach, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The staff were very friendly. The room was clean, with plenty of room. The bathroom was small, but functional. The beds were okay, and the bedding was clean, even though there were a few stains on it. The mattresses were not the best I've slept on, but they weren't the worst either. We were just looking for a room to sleep in, and it fulfilled our needs. I would stay here again, should I be in the area. Be sure to let them know if you don't use the safe, as there is an automatic charge for it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends