“Wow,what customer service!”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Wow,what customer service!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I travel all over and always look forward in staying here. Craig has a positive attitude is always in a good mood. He provided me with directions to the Air Zoo. Scott is friendly too. These employees are keepers. Thanks Red Roof!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Spikeis
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig, Scott and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We enjoyed having you as our guest and it is our hope that you will return in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New London, WI
Reviewed 27 March 2012

How about $48 and right next to Western Michigan University? Sounds like a disaster combination doesn't it? We traveled over 400 miles to see THE JERSEY BOYS at the unviversity and decided to get the closest motel and ride it out. What a surprise!! Great room, bed, shower. It looked really new. Eric & Bob were also VERY good at the front desk. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mimsNewLondon_WI
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I will make sure to share your comments with Eric, Bob and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our stay was wonderful! I thought it would be a disaster after the 800 number reservation center messed up my reservation but the young man named Eric was right on top of it and took care of it and got me a room that was excellent in no time and he didn't appear to be bothered ( as I was) to have to fix someone else's mistake. I called down to the desk early the next morning and the call was received very courteous and the young man named Craig went out of his way to make sure that the iron and extra towels was there at the counter when i got to the office in less then 5 minutes he even made a fresh pot of coffee. the entire staff was courteous, polite and very helpful, the property itself is wonderful, it appear to have been rehabed recently and was suprisingly clean, i would compare it to some of the bigger named larger places. We will definitely stay at this location on our other planned trips to michigan this year and might just go there to get away on some not planned

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darryl P
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post an outstanding review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear that you were pleased with the service that you received.

I will make sure to share your comments with Eric, Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was our pleasure having you as our guest and it is our hope that you will return in the near future.
dwight illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Great value, great location and very accomidating staff. The room was very clean and comfortable (with the exception of the smokey odor). I was hesitant considering the price and was afraid that the room would not be clean, and with old bedding, etc. The room was freshly painted, with new carpet and bedding. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank snootyb
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your impressions of our inn.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Gobles, Michigan
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I would like to comment on the service and promptness of this hotel.

We have stayed at this location several times and during one stay several things happened. First the heater went out in our room and the clerks were super in securing another room for us immediately. However, the heater in that room was very noisy over night and after heating the room, blew cold air. Upon explaining the problem, the desk clerk, Craig was wonderful and comped our room for one night.

We appreciated the above and beyond effort made by the whole staff and will definately stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay.

I am very sorry for the issues that you had with your heaters. I am very pleased that Craig was able to take care of things for you and resolve the issue to your satisfaction; I will make sure to share your comments with him.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Coopersburg PA USA
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Just a note, to say that I've stayed often (most recently, about 20 days over the past 5 months) at this Red Roof, and have not only gotten terrific value (room: spotlessly clean; good furnishings and equipment) -- but the best part is the staff: Real People! Universally friendly and helpful. Professional, and more friendly and polite than the staff I have constantly encountered in my vast traveling experience in staying in hotels up to many times the price of Red Roof.

Especially halpfull to me with various travel issues is a man named CRAIG, often
researching travel-related questions that I have. Thanks, especially, Craig!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the quality of our rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Your comments about our hospitality were much appreciated as we strive to make our guests feel at home.

Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great place, convenient to my destination. Plenty of restaurants in the vicinity; close to Western Michigan University. Wi-Fi in each room is a great amenity.
Craig H. is always friendly and personable, interested in our comfort and well-being. Reservations are easy to come by, and they have given me the accommodations I request.

Room Tip: Ground floor is my preference.