Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Ontario, Canada
“Great value”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Clean, quiet, modern room - just what we needed after a long days drive to get ready for the next long days drive. Beds were comfortable. Towels were soft compared to other similarly priced hotels. Location was close to the highway and in a nice part of town. We had stayed at the other Red Roof in Kalamazoo on a previous road trip - and this location is much nicer/newer. Staff were friendly and gave excellent directions. Thanks Sharon.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs or a lot of stuff to carry in or out get a...
Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 72cindy
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 4 August 2012

While checking in my 13 year old daughter overheard the front desk staff take a phone call who said "just don't let him in your room". That made her frightened that someone would try to break into our room. Then when we got to our room, it smelled. Then there was the issue of no toilet paper. After trying to phone the front desk 3 times we walked down there. The front desk told us he had to shut down the building to get us some after he finished checking in another guest. Good thing we weren't in a toilet paper emergency and could wait. I wonder if we will ever get our toilet paper. The bed was dirty and had hair in it.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I am also sorry that your daughter was frightened. Please now that guest security and guest service are top priorities at our property. Please know that I will review these comments with my staff and that we will work hard to make sure that future occurrences such as this do not happen in the future.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and it would be my hope that you might give us another chance in your future travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This Red Roof Inn is by far the best of the many places I have stayed.It is unusually clean, well appointed, unusual friendly staff and eager to help.They even graciously kept my Freez Pak's in their freezer till I departed. It is also a perfect location not only to the city of Kazoo but also
ideal to U.S.131. Craig and Brittany couldn't have been more helpful with information I needed.
AND it is very quiet !!Than you Red Roof.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received and that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This place is spotless, well maintained, and pet friendly. Carig the manager provided excellent service as did his entire staff. This is a good choice when visiting Kalamazoo.

It is also a short distance from the Kal-Haven trail. A good place to ride your bicycle or just to take an evening stroll.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received and our clean and well maintained rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Rockford, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Dear Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West Managment,

I recently stayed at your hotel and am pleased to write about your 3rd shift staff Jenn. She was kind, helpful, and certainly willing to make sure my stay went well at your place. She embodies what true customer service is really about; putting the guest experience as the highest priority. She did this and more as she helped me navigate my way onto the WiFi service. I really needed to finish an important paper and she helped me late at night by providing me with hot water to make tea so I could finish my writing. I am so grateful for her great help and positive attitude. She does her job very well.
Please commend her for doing superb work.
Thank you.
Bradley J. Flikkema

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Jenn and the rest of our team. We are happy that Jenn was able to exceed your expections with her outstanding customer service.

Hartland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Having checked in to a really sketchy hotel myself across town, I was checking my daughter in (at 10:30 p.m.) with her lacrosse team. I asked if they had any rooms available for that night and the next. Brittany at the desk said they were full, but she managed to find me a room so that I did not have to be across town from my daughter. She said she could't promise a room for the next night and I would have to check with the desk in the morning. I checked out of the sketchy hotel and came right back.The next morning Craig was at the desk. He said they were totally full, but I was welcome to check in with him throughout the day in case something turned up. He took my name and phone number. I called him in the early afternoon, and he said he thought he had a room. I was able to check back in to the hotel, he called to make sure the room was satisfactory and was unfailing cheerful and polite during my entire stay. He made me feel like an honored guest. The rooms were clean, the exterior areas were litter free and all the staff we encountered were friendly. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it. Bonnie Z.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our customer service. We were excited to have so many groups of people that stayed with us that attended the lacrosse tournament. I hear that it was a rousing success.

I will make sure to share your comments with Brittany, Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Room odor was bad, new mattress and pillows were long overdue. Air conditioner casing was stained and dirty.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.