“The best place to stay.. When price makes a difference.”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“The best place to stay.. When price makes a difference.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I always enjoy my stay at The Red Roof Inn. Entirely because of Sharon.Sharon makes sure that my room is clean and I get the same room every week if I have any problems Sharon makes sure she gets them taken care of. Sharon is the best hands down and that's why I frequent The Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed August 2013
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Sharon was able to provide for you.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

No frills, no pool, very good WiFi free HBO. Clean rooms could have done a better job on shower but other than that I highly recommend. Front desk staff very friendly and knowledgeable and recommended a great place for breakfast which we went to before heading out. Overall good price and clean rooms we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are very happy that you enjoyed our service and the value of our product.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Staff is very friendly. Rooms recently upgraded and are very nice. Free wi-fi with good speed.
I understand that the "other" Red Roof (east side of Kalamazoo) is not nearly as nice nor in as good a location (aka rowdier guests ....) so don't confuse the two. Location right next to WMU campus was very convenient for my purposes. Quite a few good take-out food places nearby, only one good place that delivered but the food from there was super, prices reasonable and delivery in under 30 minutes (Hunan Gardens). Beds are not posh but they are more than fine - AC is older, but worked just fine too. No pool, no central gathering place, no outside space to lounge about in, but a great place to stay when visiting for a purpose. I've stayed there twice and will do so again.

Room Tip: No elevator and no help with bags so if you have heavy luggage an upper floor can be a bit of work...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that our staff was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed your room and our close proximity to Western Michigan University.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I would like to thank Sharon the front desk manager for her always friendly over the top service and sweet smile and our precious room maid Cindy V for her wonderful service our room 124 as we jockingly call our condo our dogs taco and teddy feel right at home there we all sleep like babys always feel safe my husband is a traveling sales man and we live in columbus ohio and my whole famly live in Kalamazoo so we are there very often

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoy your stays when you visit Kalamazoo. And we truly enjoy the relationship that we have been able to forge with you and your family. It is people like you and your family that make working in the hospitality business such a joy.

We are happy that you enjoy your "condo" and the service that Sharon and Cindy have provided for you.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon, Cindy and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is always a pleasure having you and your family as our guests and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Not only was the room clean,everything in the room was in great shape. The staff are very nice and helpful. Brittany,Sharon and Beth are the greatest............I travel in and out of this area three months out of the year and will drive the extra miles to stay in this location....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the hospitality that Sharon, Brittany and Beth were able to provide for you.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our product.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon, Brittany, Beth and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was in town for a concert and prefer to stay near a certain favorite Irish bar when in town. The room was great! Wifi was a bit slow, but not too bad and very easy to access. Room was well furnished, with a nice work station and desk. Bed was comfy and clean. Shower pressure was almost too much and I never ran out of hot water. The cleaning lady gave me extra tea and coffee, which was quite nice I thought. On checkout, I was given two comp bottles of water for my long car drive. Great location, close to the freeway and I94, but far enough out that you are not in the immediate college area or a ghetto part of town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the location of our inn as well as our superior king room. I am also glad that you enjoyed our new bottled water program.

I will make sure to share your comments with of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The rooms were very clean& comfortable. The team members name who was working at the lobby at the time was named Craig. He was very polite, funny, and friendly. He made sure our stay was as good as possible.

• Stayed July 2013
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the quality of our housekeeping and our very comfortable beds.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the service that Craig was able to provide for you and that he was able to enhance your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.