“Very Rude desk clerk!!!”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

When I arrived the motel was undergoing a paint job and guess what? They put me in a room right where they were painting the smell was bad!! I went back to the office to see about moving to another room, I said the paint fumes were pretty bad do you think you can move me to another room? He jumps back and barks out "we have to paint the building" Good answer! anyway I asked if they were painting all the units and he said yes. I asked one of the painters and was told no only this one, the one they put me in. So I went back he began to argue and told me I should stay somewhere else, and that is what I did. I have been going there for 5 years now but I will never go back again. Buy the way this was on Sept 27 2013 at about 3:00pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

A great place to stay while traveling. Inn was recently remodled and looks good. Receptionist Sharon made every effort to make me feel at ease and welcome. She made reccomendations of where to eat close by. The Inn is near Western MI University and a good value. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. .

We are happy that you enjoyed the hospitality that Sharon was able to provide and also our close proximity to Western Michigan University.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. We appreciate your feedback.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

My first impression was great! Sharon greeted my husband and I so kindly. The lobby was clean, coffee was hot and fresh, and our room was so clean it really made our stay wonderful! When we couldn't figure out where to go for dinner later I called the front desk. Sharon gave us great recommendations and we were very pleased with the place she recommended most. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to family or friends that were visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that Sharon was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed our clean rooms and delicious coffee!

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've stayed at this motel many times and will continue to do so when in the area. The value is a fair deal and the coffee is addictive. Craig at the front desk is very courteous and helpful to make sure that all is well. I stay more nights in a motel than at home, it's very nice to be in a comfortable place which this is.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoy our coffee and that you feel comfortable when staying with us.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Upon arrival. Sharon made every effort to see that I was welcome and recieving the best service. Real personable and the best any hotelier could ask for. If you are anywhere near this Red Roof you must not pass the chance to be catered to like they do.....

• Stayed: September 2013
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy that you enjoyed Sharon's hospitality, she truly enjoys her opportunity to work with our guests.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The first horrible thing was the odor of room, smelled to high hell... then walked over to bathroom... goodness gracious there was PEE in the toilet seat..GROSS.. looked in the sink...razor stubble from the previous guest I imagine..yuck...then I look at pillow cases and sheets...STAINED.. could it get any worse? Yes....I sit on the bed...HARD and uncomfortable.. I arrived super late and was exhausted, so there was no way I was looking at other hotels so I was stuck... Staff should check on rooms when they are vacated and then allegedly cleaned or NOT cleaned as in my case. Rooms are outdated. Clerks were supremely friendly however...that was the only perk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Feedback from our guests is always welcome. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I have stayed several times to visit our daughter at WMU. The room is a great value for the low price. Craig at the front desk went out of his way to make sure all our needs were met and was very helpful. I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn for the service and value.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty sound proof.