“Wonderful Place to Stay/Awesome service (especially Craig)”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We are from PA our daughter is a student at WMU. We have visited this hotel frequently/monthly in the past 4 years that our daughter has gone to college. On our first visit 4 years ago we were treated wonderfully and over the years we have been treated excellent ever since. LIke all hotels and public areas we had some small issues but when addressed they are taken care of right away without fail to make it right. One employee that we would like to point out is Craig. We make it a rule to call the hotel itself and make our reservation and Every time we call for reservation and Craig answers he recognizes our voices. This is awesome and makes us feel part of the Red Roof family. When Criag is at the desk at Check in or check out he recognizes us and makes us feel welcomed and at home! He is a wonderful person and employee! Thank you Craig and Staff at the Red Roof, if any of you reading this are in the Kalamazoo area rather you are staying for a long period of time or just a night, Please stay at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West (WMU), They will take great care of you and it is clean and wonderful place to stay! Tell Craig we said Hello

Room Tip: We always stay on the first floor and over the years I think we have stayed in every room ahahah. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Wow!! What a wonderful review. I will certainly tell Craig hello and share this outstanding review with him as well as with my team.

We are so pleased that you enjoy Craig and and our hotel. We are also pleased that it has been conveniant for you to stay here as you visit your daughter at Western Michigan University.

Again, thank you for your praise, it is people like you that make our jobs most enjoyable.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

As always our stay at this location is Great Craig has been here year after year and is always helpful, friendly and I appreciate his deadication to your facility. We had stayed down the road at another hotel for years ( we have traveled for over 20 yrs to the Kalamazoo speedway for this event) and after a few years of bad experience we tried This Red Roof and have continued to return for many years now.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig was able to provide for you. We are also happy that you noticed Craig's dedication to our company, he does take pride in his work and it shows in the many compliments that he receives for the service that he provides to our guests.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were there for a Western Mi. football game. When we arrived, Craig the front desk person was very friendly and accommodating. We had a total of 4 rooms (between all of our friends). and appreciated that he tried to place us as close to our friends as possible.
When we checked out on Sunday morning Craig was there again, just as friendly.
The coffee was great and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig was able to provide for you both at check in and at check out.

We enjoy hosting guests when they attend functions at Western Michigan University.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. .

Reviewed 28 September 2013

When I arrived the motel was undergoing a paint job and guess what? They put me in a room right where they were painting the smell was bad!! I went back to the office to see about moving to another room, I said the paint fumes were pretty bad do you think you can move me to another room? He jumps back and barks out "we have to paint the building" Good answer! anyway I asked if they were painting all the units and he said yes. I asked one of the painters and was told no only this one, the one they put me in. So I went back he began to argue and told me I should stay somewhere else, and that is what I did. I have been going there for 5 years now but I will never go back again. Buy the way this was on Sept 27 2013 at about 3:00pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

A great place to stay while traveling. Inn was recently remodled and looks good. Receptionist Sharon made every effort to make me feel at ease and welcome. She made reccomendations of where to eat close by. The Inn is near Western MI University and a good value. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. .

We are happy that you enjoyed the hospitality that Sharon was able to provide and also our close proximity to Western Michigan University.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

My first impression was great! Sharon greeted my husband and I so kindly. The lobby was clean, coffee was hot and fresh, and our room was so clean it really made our stay wonderful! When we couldn't figure out where to go for dinner later I called the front desk. Sharon gave us great recommendations and we were very pleased with the place she recommended most. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to family or friends that were visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that Sharon was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed our clean rooms and delicious coffee!

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've stayed at this motel many times and will continue to do so when in the area. The value is a fair deal and the coffee is addictive. Craig at the front desk is very courteous and helpful to make sure that all is well. I stay more nights in a motel than at home, it's very nice to be in a comfortable place which this is.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoy our coffee and that you feel comfortable when staying with us.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.