“Rd Rood Inn Kalamazoo West”

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stay at this Hotel almost every Thursday night. Sharon at the front desk really goes out of her way to make sure my stay is pleasant and she always greets me with a smile and has fresh coffee ready. I would recommend this Hotel to any one, it is clean and in a nice area.

Room Tip: If you are a traveling business person go with a business classic room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David L
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. And thank you so much for being a regular guest at our newly renovated motel.

We are so pleased that you enjoy the service that Sharon is able to provide to you each time that you stay. She does do a great job.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

We look forward to seeing you next week..

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Every time we go visit my son at Western Michigan University, we stay here. All of the personnel have been very helpful, but Craig stands out. He is friendly, efficient and helpful. Especially with the renovations going on, he makes sure our stay is comfortable. The rooms are looking good and the remodeling is making it easier to keep pet friendly rooms odor free. A plus for those of us who struggle with smells that can make the stay uncomfortable. Congrats and keep it up!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room where pets are not allowed
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like the renovations that we are doing. Just to let you know, our renovations are now complete.

I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed the service that Craig was able to provide for you, I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. .

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a Western Michigan football game on October 18th. Very clean room with a refrigerator, microwave and nice TV. Beds were very comfortable. And the price was outstanding! Very quiet hotel while being very convenient to the university, bars and restaurants. The staff was great and when I checked out, Craig at the front desk was exceptional. very pleasant and called me by my first name which made it very personal which I liked. If going to Western Michigan, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our closeness to Western Michigan University. We are also happy that you enjoyed our quiet location and the quality and value of our rooms.

I will be sure to let Craig now that you were impressed by the service that he was able to provide for you.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I used to stay at this Red Roof a few years back. I stopped staying there and stayed at the other Red Roof in Kalamazoo, because for the price, I actually felt safer and the East Red Roof was cleaner. On my last stay, the desk manager suggested I try the Red Roof on stadium again because of the upgrading. He was right!!!!! I stayed in 102 and it was a King size upgrade. It was clean and very nice!!! I stayed on a Thursday nite and it was actually quiet. The Gal at the front desk was awesome and very informing about the area. It was about $60 for the 20% discounted rate with no cancel because I am a member Red Roof card holder. For once this was an actual clean and updated Red Roof. I will definitely stay again and Thank You Red Roof for finally a great experience. I hope that more Red Roofs follow suit and I really hope this Red Roof keeps up the great job. The King size bed is huge enough for 2 people to sleep very comfortable. I don't know about the other rooms, but the King Size room update is A+.

Room Tip: Stay in the King Size upgraded for one or 2 people!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Homewardbound2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the changes that we have made. We are very excited about our updated rooms and the quality of our new product. Thank you for noticing.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have stayed at a number of Red Roof Inns as we are pet owners and love the pet policy at the Red Roof. Our room appeared to be freshly refurbished and clean and the shower was amazing for a hotel of this type. While the mattress was a little hard for my taste, the room was pleasant and the flat screen TV very nice.
While the inn is close to the I-94 expressway we did not hear any traffic noise. The room had a microwave and refrigerator and was ideal for our one night stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AmesFL
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our refurbished rooms and wanted you to know that our renovation is not quite complete as we will be replacing all of our beds in the next month.

We are also happy that you like our "pet friendly" policy because we know that people with pets consider them to be part of their family.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This will probably not be an issue all year rond, but I like to sleep with a window open. This however is a true motel, with outside corridors and airconditioners on the corridor. If you want to sleep in a cool room, your only option is to turn on the noisy airconditioner. If you are not bothered by this, then the room is as standard: spacious, clean.

This hotel is available trough Hotwire.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that our windows don't open because we know how refreshing it can be when they do, but we are pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting family. The hotel is a typical Red Rood property, meaning outside corridors, no elevators and fairly basic accommodations. Front desk service was excellent: the managers do a fine job. We had the larger king room; the sink was in the room, and the toilet/shower was in one of the smallest bathrooms I have ever seen. We did not use the microwave or refrigerator, but imagine they could come in handy. Cleanliness was adequate but the tub could have been cleaner. The bed was of the old quilted bedspread and blanket variety. The price was pretty steep, probably because it was a busy weekend in town and the hotel was full.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our front desk team.

I wanted you to know that we are currently in the middle of a renovation in which we will be replacing all of our beds, bedspreads, curtains and flooring. I am sure that you will enjoy the update to our product.