Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Room had over 20 flies, dirty used washcloth no plate in the microwave. Given another room with 4 flies and had beard clippings in the sink and toenail clippings on the floor and stained towels.Cindy the maid does not clean well

Room Tip: Comfort Inn is way better and clean
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

I appreciate you letting us know about the condition of your rooms. We make guest satisfaction and room cleanliness our number one priority and I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the product to you that you deserve.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family has made this our motel of choice when visiting Kalamazoo and Western Michigan University. My son will be a freshman in the fall so we are prepared to come back many times!
This stay was great...we rented a deluxe double with a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy. The floors have been redone and look great! Beds are extremely comfortable and the room was big enough for the three of us and our dog! Both Justin and Sharon at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Sharon even helped me make another reservation for our orientation visit coming up next month and helped me with a discount too! I'd highly recommend this Red Roof Inn!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. We really love how they turned out!

We also look forward to being able to serve you in the future as you travel to Kalamazoo to visit your son at Western Michigan University.

Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

For the $60 I paid, I don't think you can beat this deal. Room was fresh and clean, the bed was the perfect firmness. Only complaints would be that there was no facial tissue in the room, and a little bit bigger complaint....the wifi was awful. Not even worth using. My phone couldn't pick it up at all and my iPad would lose the signal every 5 minutes. I think I read something in the room that Red Roof's philosophy is all about having the necessities, which it agree. Clean, modern, fridge, microwave, tv, and wifi (see above). Staff was friendly. Also I think the location/ price draws in some over the road drivers, was a little noisy. Overall very pleased.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the quality of our renovated rooms. I would also like to apologize for the problems that you had with the internet service.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team, they love hearing from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Tidy clean hotel. Love the laminate floors .... What a great idea! Sharon was really helpful! We were only there for a short time on a quick overnight stop on a longer trip. Could use a hair dryer in every room and real cream for the complimentary coffee in the morning but for the price it was a great place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about our motel..

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our renovated rooms and also the service that Sharon was able to provide for you.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was in town for a college reunion with some old buddies a month ago. Looked for a room for three nights near our old haunts in the Western Michigan University area.

On the ground floor, I found a clean, inviting room with wood floors, a large TV, comfortable beds, a microwave, a fridge, and a decent bathroom. And, for $50 per night with a AAA discount, I was satisfied with the value. My friend seemed pleased with the room as well. The staff was friendly and professional.

Value - good
Cleanliness - good
View - N/A (close to highway)
Location - 5-minute drive from Western Michigan University

I'm quite sure you'll be pleased with your stay here, and I definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

We are so pleased that you were able to take advantage of our location in relationship to Western Michigan University. We are just down the road and it makes it very convenient for anyone that is visiting the University.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed the recent upgrades to our rooms. We are very excited about them and believe that it let's us provide an excellent value for our guests.

It is truly a pleasure having you at our inn.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The room was clean, comfortable and full of amenities such as a fridge, microwave and over sized work station. Brittany helped us with booking our room and due to her phenomenal service, we will be booking many rooms in the future. Brittany ensured that our room was ready to go and in perfect condition which was greatly appreciated. I will be recommending this hotel to others when they are in need of a place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review.

Wow, we are extremely pleased that you loved our Superior King room. We believe it to be an excellent value. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed the service that Brittany was able to provide for you, she works very hard and will be excited to hear your comments.

I will make sure to share your comments with Brittany and the rest of our team.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I did like the cleanliness of the room. Sharon, at thr front desk was especially kind and helpfull and the coffee was always availible. I will stay here again. The price is right and ther are several restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the value of our product.

We are also happy that you had the chance to work with Sharon at the front desk, I will make sure to share your comments with her.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.