“Excellent ”

Bold Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #20 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

BOLD is one of my favorite restaurants and probably one of the best in Kalamazoo. Excellent food and drinks. Fine dining quality and ingredients on familiar foods- that is what I love about this place. Favorites include the risotto fritters, bacon flatbread, BOLD shrimp, goat cheese dip, corn chowder, salmon, petite peanut butter cups, all the after dinner drinks and the large list of various specials each time we go. Some of the off menu special items I've loved include the roasted vegetable goat cheese soup, beef tenderloin skewers and crawfish.

Kalamazoo
“The name BOLD is descriptive”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I love this place. The food is interesting and flavorful. The menu is varied. The small plates are perfect for most appetites. The owner is proud of his cuisine and atmosphere.

I like eating at restaurants that cook differently than my husband. This requirement means that we do not eat out often because few restaurants live up to my lofty expectations. Bold does and I have never been disappointed.

And as the name implies, many dishes have a bit of boldness to them.

• Visited October 2013
Lawrence MI
“Service& Quality”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you want a relaxing evening,with excellent food & wine,this is in my top five.
Mondays,50% off small plates.Wed' 50% off a bottle of wine.
The service,also is great,with knowledgable wait staff.

• Visited August 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food with Great service”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

we had been told the best restaurant in Kalamazoo was in a strip mall in Texas Town ship and I thought it was a joke. But this is the best Place to eat in West Michigan. The wine list was very good and the small plates are just enough for two people to share a few. My wife and I have not gotten to much of the main menu yet because the special are always so good. Make reservations there almost always full but you can get a seat at the bar if your early enough. Good Eatting

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AnthonyIn
Portage, Michigan
“Best spot in Kalamazoo”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I moved here from Chicago and its hard to find wonderful unique restaurants in a smaller town. The first time we made it to Bold, it was amazing. We saw a dish being carried to another table that wasn't on the menu and asked our waiter about it. He said the table requested it, but he could check with the chef to see if more could be made. Sure enough, he brought it to our table a few minutes later.the food was excellent, well worth the price in my mind. The martinis come in the shaker, so you're really getting more than one glass worth for your money. The blue cheese olives were great to accompany my dirty martini. We have been back multiple times since then, and will go back more in the future. When we went for our anniversary, they brought us out a special dessert that we didn't order, on the house. It was a really nice gesture of them!

• Visited November 2012