Kara's Kottages
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$120
All reviewsbirch barklittle toucheskalamazoo collegedouglas firelectric fireplacechain hotelsthe bed was super comfortableliving roomfire pithome away from homeperfect locationkalamazoo areacottagefixingsunitcampusesbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I was fortunate to score a the Pine Cone suite at this really innovative Kalamazoo B&B. I have stayed in several of the chain hotels over the years, most of which seem to be clustered around the major highways, very noisy, and without much in the way of character. And I have mostly avoided B&B's because I find the usual uber-Victorian theme overdone. I found Kara's Kottages here on Tripadvisor, and I couldn't be happier. I like the self-contained suite format. The fully-stocked fridge enabled me to have whatever I wanted for breakfast whenever I wanted. And she had a "mini-bar" in the fridge, with a selection of beer (Bell's Brewery, yum), wine, soda, etc. all modestly priced, as well as lots of snacks for sale. The Pine Cone Kottage had a great seating area, cable TV, a nice selection of DVD's, a very comfortable bed, and a nice bathroom (which itself was stocked with just about everything I could have needed... I could have left my entire 3-1-1 bag at home). The room was QUIET, and Kara's is very centrally located to many great Kazoo restaurants and bars. This is my new Kalamazoo address!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The best part about this B&B was the ability to come and go as we pleased and to eat our meals using the very well-stocked kitchen. In fact, in every room of the cottage, there were items that indicated the owner's understanding of what one might need while traveling. The bathroom was lovely, and the living room, with its cozy couch, was a great place to relax. The only downsides involved the beds -- both very comfy, but only full size. Most couples these days are used to sleeping in a queen or a king.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chatto
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed in the Pine Cone suite and it was fabulous. I came to KZoo for business but these accommodations made it feel like vacation. Kara has thought of everything you could possibly need and put it in a beautiful setting. I highly recommend her inn. I will definately stay here again. What a secret gem!

• Stayed: June 2012