“Very Unique Venue”

The Gatsby
Ranked #220 of 359 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I LOVE the Gatsby! The posh feel and the unique setting make the atmosphere much more elevated than any other place in Kalamazoo. It's a great place to go for some cocktails with the girlfriends!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

On a first visit, this second floor eatery looks cool and offers a variety of options on the menu. We ended up dining at the very large bar since we did not have reservations. Food was delicious, with one negative for a $4 gummy white bread served on the side of a salad. Service was great and we would definitely take friends next time.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I decided to try The Gatsby, Kalamazoo's new "speak-easy" restaurant, located in the entertainment district, downtown. I enjoyed the 20's era theme, and old fashioned drinks, such as the Jitterbug and the Bees Knees. We didn't try the appetizers, but heard that the homemade bread is wonderful. I had the salmon, cooked wonderfully, and my husband had the Kobe burger. $16 for a burger seemed a tad steep, but Kobe beef is so good, it was worth it. Our friends both ordered the spaghetti w/Kobe meatballs. They both raved about their dinners. The Fu Fu Mac and Cheese was amazing as well...loved it.

I probably won't eat there weekly, due to the price, but for a special night out, it was a nice change of pace and offers folks in Kalamazoo something different.