Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Kalamazoo, MI
US$103
US$93
ComfortInn
US$115
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$211
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsking suiteeasy chairoffice chairliving areawafflesdecent breakfastbeds were comfortablefront desk personwould highly recommend this hotelwould stay here againhot breakfastfree breakfastmattressesrefrigerator
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had a pleasant stay of two nights. When we walked in the room it was very musty, but it was hot and the AC had been shut off (just like my home after a couple weeks of vacation with the AC temp turned up, it gets musty!). They called us shortly after we checked in (NEVER had that happen before) and we said it was musty. We had "settled in" already so were not interested in another room. I asked for someone to spray some freshener. They sent someone right away and she cheerily sprayed. It still smelled slightly musty the whole two nights. The first morning's breakfast was crowded due to a boys baseball team and some other families with small children. Did see the tub of yogurt mentioned in earlier reviews (really?). Disposable serviceware was used, but the help kept up with the crowd. The next morning, REAL serviceware and no crowd (yeah). We liked the room and the location was great as we were there for the Air Zoo. Need to overhaul the bathroom of room 137: chunk of drywall lose above tub surround, shower does NOT fully engage (still comes out of tub spout), shower head is loose and not attached to stud (familiar with this problem with old house), collar on shower head is loose, tub faucet is "crooked" and tub water backs up as you shower (slow drain). Mirror and lights looked newer but toilet no longer had original lid (plastic replacement did not fit) and flushed funny. Older building, but stay was ok.

Room Tip: If it's already musty smelling, ask for another room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky D
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I travel the country 80 nights a year so I am in hotels quite a bit. I spent my first 2 nights in Kalamazoo in a Fairfield close by, and then my trip extended and the Fairfield was booked the next 2 nights so I took to Priceline to find another 2.5 star hotel in the area. I booked the Country Inn & Suites for the same price. Upon arriving, I felt like the hotel was not in the greatest area and looked a little run-down. I get the feeling that this used to be a different hotel and was purchased and remodeled to be a Country Inn & Suites. The lady at the front desk was very nice. The halls were very plain, kind of beat up, and it was very warm in the halls. I got to my room and was pleasantly surprised. They have definitely spent some money on upgrading these rooms. The furniture was nice, LCD TV, fridge and microwave. Nice digital thermostat on the wall. A/C was quiet and worked well. A nice surprise was that the internet was very fast. The internet at the Fairfield a few miles away was abysmal. My night was very quiet, and the bed was very comfortable.

The down side the next morning was that the shower pressure is horrible, and even on full Hot the water was only warm. Not a good shower. I skipped breakfast, so I have no idea how good it was.

There are plenty of restaurants and stores within 2 miles, so despite the fact that the hotel doesn't seem to be in a good idea, you are only 5 minutes away from anything you could want.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Booked this via Hotwire. I was in town for the marathon and for that it was perfect--10 min drive to start/finish area. Plenty of restaurants near by but you need a car. Next to the airport so there was some noise from that. Room was comfortable and clean with desk, fridge and microwave. Flat screen with plenty of channels. Nice place to unwind after the race

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Just stayed there and the rooms are a little rough around the edges. The biggest problem was that the heating/AC unit in the room we stayed in was so loud we couldn't sleep with the heat on... Making for a very chilly night. We have stayed at other Country Inn and Suites and this one just wasn't the same. I did like the check in process and that they offered warm cookies at the desk.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The Best ThIng About This Hotel Was The Breakfast Food And Breakfast Room. The Pool Was Chilly The First Room Sucked...Under The Stairway Room #1 Loud!!! They Put To Much On Hold With My Bank Then Told Me One Price And Charged Me Another..Only In America :-( Not Pleased At All With The Charges But Was Happy With The Second Room They Have Us!!!! That Weekend My Grandson Took State In Wrestling That Made It Worth It All !!!!! :-)

• Stayed: March 2013