“Bed problems”

Days Inn & Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

As I understand, this property is going through an extensive remodel, however, I was just disappointed in the lack of linens! 2 bath towels in a double queen, two pillows per bed, and the wooden 2 x 4's sticking out of the bed, that my mom tripped over a few times! (Get the wrong guest in there and you'll have a lawsuit) overall considering the renovations in progress, it was a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
AngieCCS, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Heidi B,

I'm sorry to hear you caught us at a bad part in our remodel. I can assure you with our new management and new staff, our renovations are moving along much quicker and we are very close to being the hotel we'd like to be. Hopefully we see you again!

Thank you for your feedback.
Customer Care Specialist

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rate for this stay was good. However I had reserved a King room and when I got to the hotel, was told that I was upgraded. Once in the room I found that the upgrade at least to me was a downgrade. I was put in a Queen room. I guess the upgrade was that there was an additional room (living room) which I didn't need. Then there is the pillows, they were flat and the bed was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Roger L,

I am sorry to hear your stay was anything short of pleasant. We are currently undergoing new management along with a remodel and hope you will try our property again the next time you are in town to see the hotel we are working towards being.

Customer Care Specialist

Reviewed 12 August 2014

When we entered, we waited at least 5 minutes at the desk until a young girl came to the front with two very young girls in bikinis. The staff was not welcoming at all. When we left, my son accidentally left his glasses there, and I called several times to send a shipping label to have them shipped next day, because he is starting school this week. I woke up today, to check the shipping label, and it still had not been shipped. I called, and spoke with yet another person who claimed to be the manager, and she said, yes she was looking at the shipping label right now, and they would be shipped out today. I repeatedly asked why they were not shipped out yesterday...so angry!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Danielle L,

I am terribly sorry to hear about how our staff behaved during your stay. It is simply unacceptable and should not have happened. Since then, we have replaced staff members and worked towards being more organized and helpful to our guests. We hope you may try us again in the future to see the hotel we aim to be.

Thank you for your feedback.
Sincerely
Customer Care Specialist.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Bobbymp, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location was great and the facility could be fantastic. Sadly, it has been let go longer than it should have been. They are updating it but they hadn't completed ours as yet. The internet was great, the tv was old and had terrible cable package , with minimum channels.
There were dirty towels hanging on the back door and there were not hand towels. The room was generally clean. There was no lighting in the room except for the bedside lamp. The breakfast is not very good. Oatmeal was pretty bad, bagels just out of the cooler. Again, this hotel had a young lady from the front desk come and get the food together leaving no one at the front desk to help people or answer calls. The facility has a great location. It is quiet, close to Portage St. Into the downtown, has the makings to be a great hotel,, but the management needs to invest a little.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rollalong6,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our Kalamazoo Days Inn & Suites property. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms, friendly staff and economical prices. We also appreciate all of our guests’ concerns and take them very seriously. Our process of remodeling is ahead of schedule - we appreciate all the patience you have had with us!

I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for the great review and I hope to see you as a guest again in the future.

Best Regards,