“Great Stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We were in town for a funeral. Our rooms were clean and quiet. The mattresses are SO comfortable! The breakfast was great with lots of choices - just wish it would go to 11 am instead of 10 am! Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 September 2012

As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I was upgraded to a nice sized suite with a roomy seating area, and a small kitchenette with fridge, sink, and microwave. (And thanks for the popcorn in the room!)

My room was clean, as was the entire facility. At one point I walked down to the lobby and didn't put my shoes on. When I got back to my room my white socks were still very clean. The staff was incredibly helpful and made my stay very nice. I was able to extend my stay by a night at the last minute and the housekeeping staff was polite and welcoming.

The location is great and I thought it was a pretty quiet area. I stayed on the first floor and didn't think the noise from other rooms was bad at all. The exercise room was clean and in service, but the pool was out of service while I was there (for maintenance).

My only complaint (which is probably more of a corporate issue) is the small convenience store at the property. I admit I had a craving for chocolate, but $2.50 for a candy bar and $4.50 for an ice cream bar seems like highway robbery. Please, just put in a vending machine!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites this weekend. I have a very mixed review. While the customer service, lobby, breakfast and pool were all great, the rooms were not. We checked in and our room smelled very damp/musty. We opened the window and then left. When we came back it was just as bad and we noticed a large stain on the carpet (like something had spilled and then just dried/was never cleaned up). They were very accomodating and gave us a new room. Other than the smell, both rooms appeared very clean. We were very tired and went straight to bed (after a quick bathroom/bed inspection) The next morning, we realized that the air condition was full of mouse droppings. By this time, we were already packing and checking out. So while the staff was nice and everything "appeared" clean, maybe more attention to detail is needed. For the amount we paid for a standard queen room, it wasn't worth it. If I'm going to pay $169/night, I expect more than we got. This was more like a $89/night place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dana r
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for a business trip. They have apparently just renovated their first floor and it looks clean and updated. The staff is very nice, courteous and helpful. My chief complaint is that the walls are very thin and I cannot fall asleep at night because I can hear my neighbors talking as late as 1130 pm. I called the reception and told them about the problem. The problem was fixed.
My second recommendation is for them to have microwave and a small fridge in the room. I will not come back here because other local hotels have these features and their walls are thicker.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Choosyeater_12
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate the feedback. I would like to let you know that our property does have rooms with microwaves and mini refrigerators. These rooms are our suites; you must selected a standard room for your stay. I do apologize that the other guests kept you up. Thank you for noticing our recent upgrades, we are excited about the change. If you choose to stay with us, we can see if you can reserve you a suite on a floor less crowded. Safe Travels.

Gary Sabbagh

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We got to the hotel after a long day on the road. Right around the time that if someone was going to stay that night they would know about it.... So jokingly I said we should get an upgrade if the hotel was not full. Amy at the front desk did not bat an eye and moved us up to a double queen suite ( we had a 11 year old with us).

Room was clean and spacey. We needed a new remote tv battery but beyond this there were no hiccups. A desk chair was a bit dirty but the room was otherwise in good shape.

Finished off with breakfast in not so busy foyer. Good stay

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

July 2012. Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. We had 2 rooms which were clean and pleasant. The beds were clean and comfortable. Nice pool. Would definitely stay here again. Is that 200 characters?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Amy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She made sure everything was fine after we checked into our room. I have never had a hotel do that. When I told her we would be leaving before our free breakfast, she gave us bag breakfast which was awesome!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family