“Good hotel in Kalamazoo”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good hotel in Kalamazoo”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This hotel is up Hampton's level of good consistency. Clean, quiet, and friendly staff. Close to the freeway, and the various sites in Kalamazoo. Hot breakfast in the morning, and snacks in the evening.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed the weekend of Oct. 11-13, 2013. Check-in was efficient & the gal was helpful in leaving a key for my husband who would be coming in late at night when my kids & I were sleeping. The hotel was full since it was Homecoming weekend for WMU but we had no problems. We had a 2 queen bed suite & it was very roomy. I could watch tv from the couch while my kids slept & since I could turn the tv toward the couch they could sleep. I liked that the toilet & shower/tub were together & the sink was outside so I could get ready while my husband showered. There was a small fridge & a microwave, both worked well. I also liked that the thermostat had a setting for a Constant Fan, so we could have "white noise" while we slept.
The breakfast was good, they had a nice selection: 3 cereals, yogurt, breads, pastry/muffins, oatmeal, waffles & 2 warm items (Sat. was mini omelet & potatoes, Sun. was eggs & biscuits/gravy).
My only dislike was the eating area & the seating. They had a long table that was up higher & had bar stool chairs. Also many tables had couches & more living room style chairs to sit at. For us w/small kids we didn't prefer the modern style, it's easier for them to eat at a regular table & even I would have preferred a regular table to eat at. Just my personal preference, it won't stop us from not using this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013

On our recent vacation we stayed at the Hampton Inn twice. On arrival I requested a room with a frig and micro/ the front desk staff went out of their way to get me into a room with both. We were welcomes every morning with a smile. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Will do it again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Oshtemo, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I spent three nights in this hotel, just off I94 in Oshtemo, Michigan. The people were very kind, always positive, always up-beat, and always hospitable. It was a clean facility with a very welcoming spirit to it. Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Macomb, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked a king room with a whirlpool. When we checked in and went to our room, it didn't have a whirlpool. We went to the front desk and the manager said a staff member made a mistake and that room we requested was not available. This was a special weekend for my husband and I and this Hampton Inn ruined it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I mean, really... don't you want a hotel that is exactly what you're expecting? I mean, sure, once in a hundred hotel stays you'll have your expectations exceeded, but generally, you want to walk into one of the Hilton Hotels and have it be exactly what it's supposed to be. You'll have a nice person greet you, have coffee available all day long, have a big room with a huge TV, fast Wi-Fi, and thick walls (and don't forget good water pressure). And this Hampton Inn knocks it out of the park -- comfortable, quiet, all business people and even a not totally disappointing breakfast. See? Perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

As the title suggests, the Hampton Inn in Kalamazoo is a pretty avergae Hampton Inn. It appears to have undergone a renovation a few years ago and you'll find it up to par for cleanliness, comfort and utility. It's close to the highway, making it an ideal stopover for business travel and has a few places to eat nearby.

The only rooms with microwaves and refridgerators are the suites, but that's not uncommon in this tier of Hilton properties.

My only serious complaint is that the workout facility absolutely sucks. Two treadmills, an eliptical and medicine balls. The worst part, though, is that some genious decided to put the electrical/phone/internet closet in the room inside the workout area. Anyone in IT knows that the IT closet gets very hot, so their solution was to leave the combined door open and set a fan blowing hot air directly into the workout room. Seriously guys? There's a nearby Swat Fitness that will sell you a day pass for $9 and their facilities are great. Don't expect to get a decent workout in the sweltering 80 degree workout facility at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business