“Stay in Kalamazoo”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
MONROEVILLE
“Stay in Kalamazoo”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

First thing you notice is how friendly and helpful the staff is. The hotel is very clean and great location!! Exercise room was great except it was a little too warm for me. The breakfast offered a nice variety but I especially like the grab and go breakfast bags for when I don't have time for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello 765janiceg,

I want to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I see you were able to enjoy a few of the amenities we offer here at Hampton and I am glad you were able to enjoy them.

Our staff takes great pride in assisting our guests, I am glad they made a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

-Alexis Bosler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newport, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The staff was great!!! The room was clean!!!! Service was awesome!!!! Location was very close to Western University.... Front desk took time out to give us get directions to Western University.... Not knowing the aea at all the front desk made my husband and I feel very comforable that we knew where we were going.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kelly R
Hello Kelly R,

Thanks for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that my staff took care of you and your family during your recent trip.

We hope to see you again soon and look forward to sharing more of that famous Hamptonality!

Marysville, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There were only 3 rooms booked on the floor I was on, but yet managed to get a room next to 6 people who had no intention of being courteous to anyone else. But overall the room was decent. All rooms were clean and well stocked. Breakfast was something to be desired, but I don't hold high hopes for free anything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that there were a few other guests that were disruptive to your stay with us. Our staff is very responsive to guest issues, your satisfaction is our highest concern. If you stay here in the future please rest assured that our hotel will take care of any concerns you may have during your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here twice in May 2014 - both times for business. The first time, it was on short notice, so the $150 plus price was kind of expected. The second time I made the reservation plenty of days in advance and it was still close to $150 per night - I filled out a survey on the property from Hilton and their reply was that they were high priced because they were the only Hampton in the area. Not a good reason to me. I've stayed at the Microtel at the same exit (exit 72 - in Kalamazoo) and if you don't need the Hampton perks (like a dirty cloths plastic bag) then stay at the Microtel for about 60% of the Hampton price. The Hampton was pretty much a typical Hampton, a little beat up, but the one thing I hate is a hotel with it's water softener turned up so much that you feel like you can't get the soap washed off of you. That's a problem with the Hampton and unfortunately, its the same problem with the Microtel. I will try and report on the other hotels at this exit in the near future.

Room Tip: At exit 72, the Hampton is to the right, when you are heading west on I-94
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello Hugh C,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

We understand the need for value and we do offer a number of discounted rates at our property. While being the only Hampton does not justify a higher rate, we feel our perks and service set us apart from the competition. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you again Mr. C and have a great day!

Alexis Bosler
269-372-1010
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This property does not live up to the Hampton Inn standard. We had stated the previous night in a Hampton Inn in Lexington KY and there was a marked difference. The Kalamazoo hotel had no refrigerator or microwave, there was a large gap between the door and door jamb so that light streamed through, there was no makeup remover tissue, we were not offered bottles of water although we are Hilton Honors members. Each of these are small things by themselves but added together they made for a less than satisfactory experience.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank rockies4me
Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello rockies4me,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am the new General Manager of this property. I appreciate your honest feedback on your stay at my property.

At Hampton we pride ourselves on maintaining the standards our loyal guests have come to expect. I am sorry that your stay fell short of those expectations. I appreciate the detail of your review, it is important for us to know when we fall short so that we may improve the guest experience. I can certainly understand how the little things can make a big impact on your overall stay.

I am sorry to hear these issues would make you consider staying elsewhere. We would love the chance to earn back your loyalty. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Warm Regards,

Alexis Bosler
269-372-1010
minnesota
Reviewed 2 May 2014

No refrigerator or Microwave in guest room. Heat/AC very hard to control. Breakfast uneven. Noisy. Guest rooms very clean. If Hampton & Drury Hotels were both available I'd stay at the Drury every time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Ann Arbor, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Easy access on and off the highway. This hotel have staff who pay attention to details, are very courteous and the rooms are impeccably clean. The rooms have fresh linen. The hot breakfast is generous and plenty of fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business