“I have always found Hampton Inns to be clean and comfortable. This one was no exception.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I like staying at Hampton Inns because there are no unpleasant surprises. The rooms here in kalamazoo were neat as a pin and very clean. The front desk staff (2) that we encountered seemed disinterested in us. I dont need to be the center of attention, but a friendly smile and greeting go a long way. The diningroom staff (2 ladies), on the other hand greeted everyone in sight. When myself and another guest asked for beverages etc. before the dining area was officially open they cheerfully obliged and asked if we needed anything else. The building was quiet and guests nodded and smiled as they passed in the hall. People are always in a better mood in pleasant surroundings. We enjoyed our stay. Front
desk staff : SMILE

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2007

Spacious, clean room.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank takingamoment
Reviewed 18 August 2007

Didn't live up to the great reviews. Slightly less than average Hampton experience even though the hotel is still fairly new.

Crowded breakfasts meant you had to take the food standing up or back to your room. Fitness center had broken equipment. Bathroom had hair in tub when we checked in.

I guess the most disappointing part was the checkout person. She was the least friendly hotel staff member I've encountered anywhere in quite a while. The woman working there did not look like she wanted to be there at all and made it clear that she couldn't care less how the stay was.

It's not the worst hotel I've been in, but it's definitely not up to Hampton standards.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Janie C
Reviewed 25 July 2007

Very clean, still seems new. Great Hampton bed and pleasant staff. It's near the freeway, however, I didn't hear the noise. The AC is one of those noisy ones, but that seems to be typical in rooms these days. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 22 February 2007

My family and I regularly stay at Hampton Inns when we travel so the Hampton Inn & Suites in Kalamazoo - Oshtemo was an obvious choice for our weekend stay. This Hampton was a nice property in good condition. We liked the location, the hot breakfast and the indoor pool & hot tub. While the front desk staff was alright, they didn't seem to go out of their way to be friendly, accommodating, etc. They were not rude. Just not overly attentive. Another disappointment was the cable TV offerings. The choices were very limited.

Overall, I would say this is a nice hotel. Rooms were clean, beds were nice. Having said that, nothing really reached out to me and made me say "we need to stay here again". It was just "fine".

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Grand_Rapidian
Reviewed 21 September 2006

I stayed at this hotel in September when visiting my daughter who is at Western Michigan. What an unexpected pleasure! I've stayed at many different places in Kalamazoo over the years, including some cherished bed and breakfasts, but this was overall the best experience I have had. The room was immaculate. The new bed was more comfortable than my own. The service was impeccable. Whoever manages this particular hotel in the chain is doing a wonderful job.

• Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank Abbe2
Reviewed 28 July 2006

Newer hotel with GREAT beds, very clean, roomy, and convenient. Nothing out the ordinary but at the top of the ordinary scale. One clerk was not professional but he was only there one day and he probably does not work there now.

Stayed: June 2006