“Very Nice”

Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 25 July 2007

Very clean, still seems new. Great Hampton bed and pleasant staff. It's near the freeway, however, I didn't hear the noise. The AC is one of those noisy ones, but that seems to be typical in rooms these days. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2007

Reviewed 22 February 2007

My family and I regularly stay at Hampton Inns when we travel so the Hampton Inn & Suites in Kalamazoo - Oshtemo was an obvious choice for our weekend stay. This Hampton was a nice property in good condition. We liked the location, the hot breakfast and the indoor pool & hot tub. While the front desk staff was alright, they didn't seem to go out of their way to be friendly, accommodating, etc. They were not rude. Just not overly attentive. Another disappointment was the cable TV offerings. The choices were very limited.

Overall, I would say this is a nice hotel. Rooms were clean, beds were nice. Having said that, nothing really reached out to me and made me say "we need to stay here again". It was just "fine".

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Grand_Rapidian
Reviewed 21 September 2006

I stayed at this hotel in September when visiting my daughter who is at Western Michigan. What an unexpected pleasure! I've stayed at many different places in Kalamazoo over the years, including some cherished bed and breakfasts, but this was overall the best experience I have had. The room was immaculate. The new bed was more comfortable than my own. The service was impeccable. Whoever manages this particular hotel in the chain is doing a wonderful job.

• Stayed: September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Abbe2
Reviewed 28 July 2006

Newer hotel with GREAT beds, very clean, roomy, and convenient. Nothing out the ordinary but at the top of the ordinary scale. One clerk was not professional but he was only there one day and he probably does not work there now.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank azhottraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 April 2006

We stopped here along the way of our trip and I wish the hotels on the rest of our trip were nearly as nice. EXCELLENT overall. Very clean -- looked like new! The hotel was really comfortable and the staff helpful.

Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 March 2006

I brought a group of 45 hockey fans to the Hampton Inn & Suites in Feb. 2006. The hotel met our needs! Beautiful lobby with a decent-sized meeting room right off of it. The rooms were clean and well-maintained. Several good food choices nearby, including a Culver's right next door, and a Wendy's and McDonalds right down the street. High speed Internet worked well (wired in rooms; wireless throughout). We'd stay here again. A few in our group had the 2 queen suites -- they were very nice. Spacious, with fridge and microwave, plus a separate bathroom sink outside of the bath *room* itself.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank ImageBldg
Reviewed 30 January 2006

We've stayed at this property three years in a row for Christmas while visiting family. The location is convenient, right off 94, a few miles from town. The hotel is still relatively new, and it is very well kept up. I notice each time how the carpets, floors, walls, elevator look new, clean, and/or sparkling. The rooms are standard Hampton Inn - I could do with some better cups than the flimsy ones they provide, and the sheets are scratchy. But the beds are comfortable, the towels are large, and there is free internet access. There is good variety at the continental breakfast, and the coffee is drinkable. We have always found the staff to be helpful, friendly, and efficient. All in all, you can't go wrong here, especially for about $75 a night.

• Stayed: December 2005