“Wonderful atmosphere”

Description: Great food and atmosphere
mid mich
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This a great place to try something a little different. The food is really good and our waiter was very helpful in explaining anything we asked about and making suggestions. They have booths, tables and alcoves with a low table and pillows that we want to try next time we visit, which will be soon. They really make you feel welcome!

• Visited June 2014

“Great service, great food”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I grew up in Dearborn, with shwarma all around. Zoorona has excellent mediterranean food at a reasonable price. I haven't been for dinner or takeout, but their lunch specials are portioned right with two sides for about $12 I believe.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank MeghanT611
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
“Very enjoyable lunch at Zooroona”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just had lunch here with two others. When we walked in we were immediately, and enthusiastically, greeted and given multiple choices of seating. We chose a booth and were led to one with high sides, in a corner, very private. There are tables, some behind dividers made from funky old doors, and a fun platform area. This traditional middle eastern arrangement featured a raised platform with two low tables, each serving 4 to 6 people. One table was occupied by five college age kids (with good knees and joints!) The overall atmosphere avoids being kitschy, (just), and has a warm ambiance. Quite surprising to find in a strip mall!
And the food: loved it! I had Masakah, served over saffron rice. It was wonderful, seasoned perfectly. My partners had wraps, one veggies and the other chicken. They also were pleased with their choices and the servings were large enough that some went home with us. I must say, that was the best baba ghannouj I have ever had! Creamy texture and great presentation, with some pickled diced veggies in the middle, parsley and a red spice arranged on the border. Served with pita that was a bit chewy but nice and warm.
I would love to go back for dinner. I thought $33 inc. tax, for 3 people to lunch here, with a wonderful coffee and an ice tea, was a good value.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LJo-12
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“269 Cool things to do in Area Code 269”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

"Enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine with belly dancing performances. Yo can even join in! - Kelly S. Try this authentic Middle Eastern cuisine!

Visited February 2014
Woodridge, New York, United States
“Great meals at Zoorona”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My second time here in about 2 years. No belly dancers tonight but excellent service and great food. Loved my Al Dar salad with beef/ lamb kabob and daughter is relishing her Turkish coffee, squash soup and tagine. Too early to determine if there is room for desert!