“We will be back”

Description: Great food and atmosphere
Constantine, Michigan
“We will be back”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My girlfriend and I tried this restaurant and really enjoyed the food. We both tried something different and liked them both. But decided we both liked the Al Dar salad of the two we had and we agreed that of the 2 entrees the Shish Tawook was the best. We will be back to enjoy this restaurant again and we try not to go back to too many

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Diana D

Jackson, Michigan
“Wow, what amazing food!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I tried Zooroona based on the Trip Advisor reviews but was a little apprehensive because I have been spoiled by the great Middle-eastern food in the Detroit area. The restaurant is in the Top of the Hill district, in a small groups of store fronts. It didn't look like much so I was worried. However, upon entering my worries slipped away. The decor was very nice and inviting. We ordered the House Tray so we could try everything. We started with the hummus and it was very good. The main dish came and EVERYTHING was great, so much flavor in every bit. These are family recipes so things like the Kafta Kabob and Kibbeh were different then what I have had in other restaurants, much better! We finished our meal with the Turkish coffee and I am glad we did, it was also excellent. This is a very nice place and I will be brining my friends when they are in town visiting. I hope Zooroona is around for a long time.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank svanwass
Houston, Texas
“Interesting and well prepared Middle Eastern cuisine”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This casual restaurant serves excellent Middle Eastern cuisine, with some creative dishes that one doesn't often find in Middle Eastern or Mediterranean restaurants. The lentil soup is outstanding. Chicken can sometimes be a little dry but is well spiced. Service is pleasant and efficient. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank davemh333
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm & welcoming”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Yesterday, five women in my family enjoyed lunch at Zooroona to celebrate my niece's birthday & wish her well on her upcoming move to Thailand. We found Zooroona on Tripadvisor, as our family is not from Kalamazoo. We arrived at 12 and stayed until 4pm enjoying one another's company & delicious food. Our waitress & the owner never once indicated that we had overstayed lunch time. We shared a lovely pot of cardamom tea, sampled the grape leaves appetizer, ordered a variety of tasty sandwiches, and each had a (large) & delicious dessert. The low table seating & comfy cushions were a fun way to share the meal. Kudos to our waitress for her willingness to let us share this lovely, extended meal together.

Visited July 2014
mid mich
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This a great place to try something a little different. The food is really good and our waiter was very helpful in explaining anything we asked about and making suggestions. They have booths, tables and alcoves with a low table and pillows that we want to try next time we visit, which will be soon. They really make you feel welcome!

• Visited June 2014