“Good food - strip mall shopping area, but don't be afraid”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of North 11

North 11
Ranked #141 of 338 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Good food - strip mall shopping area, but don't be afraid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Okay, I'm uploading a picture because the most confusing thing about this restaurant is that it is located in a small shopping area not too far from the dollar store, dry cleaners, etc. So outdoor seating looks out onto a very average looking parking lot. We sat inside and I didn't see much appeal to sitting outside.

Most importantly food and service were very good. My husband had the smaller cut of prime rib with asparagus, I had fish and chips all were good. An example of the good food is that a serving a cole slaw came with the fish and chips, neither of us have a real fondness for it, but we both tried it and it was very good. We had more than enough food, neither one of us could finish our servings. We did find it strange that there are no dinner rolls available. Server did bring some pita bread, sliced and served on a small plate, but not exactly dinner rolls, is it?

• Visited August 2014

Kalamazoo, MI
“would have given an excellent rating if not for the fruit flies.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant several times as I don't live far away, but this last visit was the best visit so far. The shrimp tacos were excellent, and the sweet Thai sauce was delicious. I would definitely have these again, and again, and again...

However, one thing seems to be consistent...the fruit flies. This has been a problem every time I have visited this restaurant. What is the deal?

Visited July 2014
1 Thank rosebudmi
Kalamazoo
“Won't honor specials”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Don't go on their website and expect them to honor any of their specials as they laugh at you and tell you that they do not update their website. But having driven there we stayed to eat. Service was OK not great, steak was horrible. Looked like it was pounded down to nothingness. Well done instead of medium rare...manager argued with waitress right in front of us over giving us a 20 percent discount.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank TinaTraveler38
Michigan
“Great food, staff, atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and was most impressed. Had prime rib and it was fantastic. The creme brûlée was some of the best I had ever had. Just happened that the night we went there were some kids having their prom dates there and was really impressed that the owner walked over and sat with them for a few moments to make sure everything was ok. Will definitely go back.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“OK Restaurant....Great "Bar"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have had dinner here many times...and I typically just order off the lunch menu because they have some nice upscale bar style options that are pretty good. I never really think of this place as a great restaurant that I get steak and seafood or something. I know they have those options but I primarily go here for the great drink selection and upscale bar atmosphere.

So the long and short of this review is that there are many things they do well...but I would have to say the thing they do the best is be a cool bar hangout.

• Visited June 2013