“One of the things we miss from Kalamazoo”

Sweetwater's Donut Mill
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Kalamazoo
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Sweetwater's Donut Mill is a family owned bakery located in southwest Michigan. The Garner Family has owned each of the 3 donut shops since the very beginning when they opened their doors in 1983. Each donut is handmade with the same quality ingredients that were used in the beginning, and the restaurants are proud of the fact that they have become a tradition for many families over the past 30 years.
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Sweetwaters is an institution with locals- this is Michigan, we like out donuts. One of the things we miss about Kalamazoo. The sprinkle road location is our spot. Love it.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I drove up, starting in Chicago, to visit friends in Michigan. After seeing a friend in Bangor, we drove about 60 miles (round trip) to Sweetwater Kalamazoo to get two dozen assorted filled donuts. Usually it is overload with donuts and only a few people, this time it was a little short on donuts and loaded with people. The service was prompt and efficient and at $7.50 a dozen, the price was great. I highly recommend it. If you are getting a dozen or multiples, ask for the frequent customer card where they stamp it for each dozen you buy. It looks like after a dozen stamps you get a free dozen donuts. Oh yes, it is open 24/7 so enjoy around the clock.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went to visit Western Michigan and was told about this donut shop. Bought a few and shared them with my family. Can't go wrong with any kind you get. If I send my daughter to college there, the open 24-7 sign is not a good thing. I'm sure to be back!

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Huge, huge, huge donuts with an equally huge selection. I struggled with having so many choices and committing to one so I opted for the donut holes. Soooo delicious. The Dutch crumb and cinnamon sugar were my favorites. The powdered sugar donut looked like trouble (dust me for prints). I wish they sampled the other flavors in donut hole sizes!!!
Super friendly staff and what it assumed to be daily patrons. (Norm!)
We will dream of these tasty treats while we count calories on the other side of the state. :)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Was in Kalamazoo for a college visit and had to stop in here. Best donuts we've ever had. Many to choose from and all were very, very fresh.