“interesting food, average service”
Review of Martini's

Martini's
Ranked #18 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Open dinning room with 2 full bars, patio, live gypsy jazz music on weekend evenings. Private party room rental available.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Three of us had dinner here on a busy Saturday evening. In spite of the fact that the place was very busy, we were seated, upstairs, right away. The menu is interesting, and we each got something other than pizza. I had the Italian Sausage Farcitta, which was unlike anything I'd seen in the year I lived in Italy. It had a lot of sausage in it, the crust was difficult to cut. A little fennel goes a long way, and this had too much fennel in it. My wife had Fusilli Pasta with broccoli, chicken, and provolone, which she said was good and it had some real zip to it. Our friend had Fettuccine Bolognese Blanca, which she said was good.
The service was adequate but nothing special. It seemed like it took too long to get our salads and then our food; maybe that was because it was a busy Saturday night. The young woman who was frequently refilling my water glass did a nice job.The prices seemed about normal for Kalamazoo.
The bathrooms are unmarked, either as bathrooms or by sex. Parking is a challenge in the Vine neighborhood.

There are newer reviews for Martini's

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Too much too explain, overrated, overpriced and horrible food and service. Never offered a manager, never offered to remove poor food from our bill, nor offered an apology. Décor is outdated and very dirty

2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Decided to try it. Regret it. Food was terrible. Gulf Shrimp with Farafale pasta and putanesca overly spuced and soaked heavy in olive oil. Lasagna dry, with little cheese. Highlight of meal was minestrone soup. Server Miguel was unapologetic, never once tried to apologize, , offered to bring something, else but it was too late for that, never offered to refund, or take anything off our bill 70.00 fir crap. Never even offered to get a manager.

Save yourself the bother. Druve a few more miles to carrabas. Same prices better foid

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Martini's makes the best pizza in K'zoo. I've been getting my pizza from Martini's for probably 20 years or close to it. Having grown up in New Jersey, I have an idea of what pizza should be and Martini's always delivered a quality, genuine product that matched the east coast Italian pies of my youth. The owner, Rich, has always been friendly and nice to me. I almost always do takeouts so I can't comment much about the wait staff. However, I do know for a fact that Rich tries to employ youth who are "at risk" in an attempt to help get them on the right track. I think that once Martini's expanded several years ago they may have had "growing pains", but I think the atmosphere is great and the addition of the bar is a big plus for anyone dining out. So, I'm terribly surprised and confused by the poor reviews but I suspect that the owner may have had a few bad nights (who hasn't?) and I hope that if you're considering getting a pie that you give serious consideration to this restaurant.

1  Thank Ctopherfis
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I love this place great DeCora great pizza nice place to eat into the quaint little neighborhood I love a place with a great 18 inch pizza also