“Excellent deli!”

Just Good Food
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Excellent deli!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Really nice range of delicious sandwiches and salads. Everything is fresh, and there are some really unique choices. Their mexican-style food is my favorite, but even a turkey sandwich here is something special. Great place for a lunch!

• Visited February 2014

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“RUDE Customer Service”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

On Wed, the day before Thanksgiving, I went to pick up the turkey my wife had ordered on the 11th. As I was waiting in line with 7 other customers, the manager or owner, I don't know which, finally came out of her office only to yell across the store, "Look at all the people that can't follow direction." I was shocked, but waited my turn. As she reached the register, she made another very rude comment about us being there too early. When it was my turn she counted the people in line and once again announced that there where 7 people that can't follow directions. I told we were told we could pick up the turkey after 9:00am on Wednesday. She looked at me and said, "No you weren't, it says right here in the flier to pick up after 10:00." I let her know that we don't get the fliers, we just called. She said a few more rude comments and I told her to just give me my $20.00 deposit back. After trying a number of times she COULD NOT FIND OUR ORDER. I asked to right down that I did not get a turkey and I would be back. I made a trip home to print out my debit card statement showing it HAD been paid for and made another trip downtown. While she was trying to find the mistake in the computer again, I asked to just give me the $20.00. She offered to sell me a turkey off the truck, but I told her because of the incredibly rude way she treated me that morning that I would rather eat hotdogs for Thanksgiving than buy from her. I will tell you that the other employees I spoke to there were very friendly and even offered me one of their cookies, but because of this terribly rude "boss" I will not return.

• Visited November 2013
Marshall, Michigan
“The name gives it away - Just Good Food”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My kids and I were at the children's museum all morning so when lunch time came around we were all quite hungry.
And since the only other option in this area is Mc Donald's my choice was clear.
Little did I know that this was probably the best decision I've made in a while.
Just Good Food is located in the basement of an office building so it's actually not really inviting but don't be fooled by the location.
They offer a huge variety of mostly organic and all natural foods which seem to be inspired by all kinds of cuisines from all over the world.
It felt like in an orienral basar and the colors, aromas and textures are just flat out mouth watering.
I admit to ordering a PB & J sandwich (shame on me but it was for my kids) BUT here's the catch. We got two gigantic slices of oat bread which had been baked that very morning, slathered with the most delicious freshly made peanut butter and topped off with home made preserves. It was absolutely amazing and I've never seen my kids eat a sandwich that fast.
I had ordered curried chicken salad with cashews in pita bread which was so rich in flavor, color and texture that I could've eaten a whole bucket full of it.
They also have a huge variety of hummus, guacamole, all kinds of salads.....
You can probably tell that I am in love with this place and I can only advice you to give this place a try. It is oh so worth it.

• Visited June 2013