“Great neighborhood restaturant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I love the Oakwood Bistro. While there may be other restaurants in Kalamazoo that offer better food, there are few that offer the value and comfort of Oakwood. It exemplifies what a great neighborhood restaurant should be: excellent food, a comfortable setting, and an outstanding beer and wine selection - 10 craft beers always on tap and I've never been disappointed in their wines (except when they run out...). Today I had the French onion soup with the Greek salad and my wife had their sandwich special, fried cod on a demi roll that she said was the one to have if you were going to have a fish sandwich. The food is uniformly excellent, and they always feature a pizza and risotto special. Highly recommended if you're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Three of us had dinner, ordering 3 different items, plus appetizer and dessert. All of it was excellent. I really enjoyed the calamari appetizer. Good service. Would definitely go back. It was a bit pricey, but the food was very good.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Had the Cobia special. Brussels sprouts with chick peas base with a special sauce. Amazing! Great server and manager!!

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I ended up here again due to some circumstances but was not disappointed. If you have not visited Oakwood Bistro, you should. The specials are unique and the food is delicious. Service again was top notch with a different waitress. It is tucked away in the strip mall by Sawall's and it just might be Kalamazoo's hidden treasure.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I had never been here before. My mom invited me saying that she had been once. We have a hard time finding places to eat because I am a vegetarian. One look at the menu and I knew I had options. Their specials had a vegetarian option as well. I ordered the special which was a vegetable sandwich with asparagus. It came with fries. It was so good! We also got the vegetable terrine appetizer which was a tasty start. Our server was top notch making sure our water was full at all times and asking if we had everything we needed.