“Just right”

Epic Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Business dinner with a colleague. Was able to get a table without a reservation. Greeter was super friendly and efficient. Wait staff was quick, knowledgeable and helpful. Not a huge menu, but still had plenty of choices. Nice atmosphere. Would dine here again

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Epic is a very comfortable, nicely appointed bistro that delivers excellent food in unusually large portions. It is a very pretty dining room (it should be noted that it has a very nice semi-private room for larger parties of say 15 or more). The food is bistro-like in its offering. My wife had the potato cheese soup to begin. It was very good. The flavors were subtle and not too salty or cheesy as is often the case. I had an excellent take on the traditional spinach salad. It came with the traditional warm dressing but also with a bit of goat cheese and interesting mushrooms. Our main courses were really great. I had the breast of duck that came with asparagus and sautéed potatoes. Not only was it very good, but the portion was really quite large. My wife had the tenderloin of pork on rounds of polenta. The pork was excellent if just a tad overdone (we like our pork on the med-rare side, which most do not). This plate was almost enough for two people. Don’t think that the large portions were a tradeoff for quality. They were not.
Very, very nice wine and beer list. Service was excellent. Highly recommend the place for a nice, comfortable quiet dinner.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We had drinks and dinner here - it was a fun atmosphere with good food - perhaps not as creative as some, but well-done and interesting.

Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

We had a nice work meeting, party of 7. I'm vegetarian, had the tart and wood fired Brie. Yum! The creme brûlée was delicious. Chairs are comfy. They didn't offer to take my long winter coat when I came in or sat down, so I had to sit with it on my chair.

1  Thank cowz
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Right down town Kalamazoo, Luxury feel, great food, several vegetarian options, overall a good time.