“Traveling through and stopped because of hotel front desk recommendation.”

Bravo! Restaurant & Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bravo! Restaurant & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 342 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Winters
Description: Fine dining locally owned restaurant. Chef owned. Italian & American cuisine.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The food was excellent. There was a special anniversary menu and for $26 dollars we got salad, entree, and dessert. The service was outstanding. The staff was very attentive. I would definitely eat there frequently if we lived closer.

TheBravo1, Owner at Bravo! Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thanks and am so glad you stopped in. I love our local hotels. Hope to see you next time you come through.

Terry Hagen
Owner / Manager
Bravo restaurant

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I went to Bravo for a rehearsal dinner for a wedding I planned. The waitstaff was kind and attentive. Both of our waiters introduced themselves and made sure everyone was taken care of. They brought the Bride to be and the Groom their dinner first then served to rest of us. We had the private back room for approximately 25 of us and 4 choices for dinner. My steak was cooked perfectly and the bleu cheese mashed potatoes were amazing. I would recommend it to anyone planning an event.

1  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were wanting a somewhat romantic dinner during the week, so we reserved a table asking for a nice one. We were dressed quite nicely but the Hostess sat us in a table by the kitchen while there were booths available to guests without reservations. The hostess was short with us when we asked politely for a booth. The waitress was polite and the water server was very friendly so we were able to enjoy the experience. The food was above average which is what you would expect for the price point. With so many other restaurants in the area we will not go back due to the rude attitude of the Hostess.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have been coming to Bravo! for many years, and made a return trip there for lunch recently. We have never had a bad meal there - and though it looks a bit mundane from the outside, the bar is charming and cozy. I loved the lobster ravioli, though the portion was small. Too much of that would have been murder on the waistline. Service is kind and speedy.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Bravo! has been our favorite restaurant in Kalamazoo since it first opened in 1987. We've been here many times for lunch and dinner, for Sunday brunches, for business meetings, for the amazing All-Star Chef Dinners, for cooking classes, and for private parties--including retirement parties, graduation parties, and our 25th anniversary dinner. And we've also enjoyed Bravo!'s take-out dinners, including Valentine's Day dinners and--my personal favorite--the lasagna. The service is always excellent (especially when our son worked here during the mid-to-late '90s while attending WMU!). The decor is warm and attractive. The wine selection is excellent, and the handcrafted beer is great--as are the individual Tuscan-style pizzas from their wood-burning oven.

This evening my wife and I on dropped by on the spur of the moment without any reservation. Although the restaurant was quite crowded, we were greeted cheerfully and seated immediately at our favorite table--directly in front of the large gas-log fireplace. Two smiling young ladies (one a trainee) soon showed up to take our drink and dinner orders. After sipping on a glass of chardonnay, we started with the not-to-be-missed mushroom soup--the best we have eaten anywhere in the U.S. or Europe. For her entree, my wife chose the delicious spice-encrusted cedar-planked salmon, which came with blue-crab risotto, scallops and asparagus. I was about to order the same when our servers tempted me with the blackened salmon special that came with pineapple and risotto. I love blackened anything and was not disappointed tonight! On the side was a generous serving of Bravo's always-fresh-and-tasty bread. We were both too full for coffee and dessert tonight, but we definitely recommend Bravo!'s delicious desserts. In fact, Bravo! is a great place to stop for a late-night drink, coffee and dessert!