“Fun, Modern, Tasty!”
Review of Food Dance Cafe

Food Dance Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Dance Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 342 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pitcher St.
Description: For 20 years, Food Dance has been committed to building a thriving and sustainable local food system. We support artisans who practice craft food processes that have been around for generations-growing, raising, preserving, curing, aging, pickling, butchering and more. For Food Dance, it's about the connection with the people and places their food comes from-authentic people and authentic food that's true to its source. Serving breakfast, lunch or dinner-guests are served the freshest menu items in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. We offer private dining space for celebrations or larger groups as well as catering and delivery. We host cooking classes and special dinners throughout the year - aimed to introduce guests to new elements of the culinary and agricultural worlds. Our on-site market offers amazing ingredients sourced from their family of purveyors-from sustainable, humanely raised meats, sausages and artisan cheeses to fresh baked bread, pastries and savory baked goods.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food Dance has a modern feel to it, and we felt at home right away. The menu had so many great looking items on it that ordering was a challenge. The farm to table items that we chose were all delicious. Try the curry popcorn chickpeas, their artisinal cheeses, the French twist or the Argentinean steak. They were all standouts!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been to Food Dance Twice; once with a large group and once with 2. Very good food and the service is great. Had to ask for bread the second time, and it was all the same kind. The first time I went it was a variety, but there were more people at our table. I guess they treat you better if you have a big group. I love the salmon dish and the square dance salad. I would warn anyone though- the salmon has a crust of salt on the top. It was barely tolerable the first time, but it really ruined it the second time I ordered it. Of course they asked if I wanted it replaced, but I don't like to waste fish. If you don't like gobs of salt, be sure to tell them not to coat your salmon in salt! Otherwise, very good food and service.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The menu is creative, and much of the ingredients locally sourced. There's a good variety of food on the menu, and everything that came out was well prepared and well presented. This is a great place for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was here for a business dinner, in a private dining room. We walked through the public rooms, which are open and attractive, and went to a smaller space that was decorated with gorgeous murals. The wine list was good for both glass and bottle selections, and the drinks menu was interesting. Since Kalamazoo is a boutique brewery heaven, I assume the beer listing was extensive but I didn't check. Our party had a fixed price menu with five or six entree selections, in addition to a salad and dessert. I had seared salmon filet with a sweet soy sauce over rice and greens, but I was really thinking hard about the pork chop over potatoes and red cabbage. Both were excellent, cooked properly and seasoned with imagination but restraint. The presentation was careful as well. The serving staff was polite and attentive, but not intrusive. Well worth eating here!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you want cheap eats, keep driving. This restaurant strives to use fresh, healthy ingredients. We started off with a ginger-mint-lemonade that was homemade, very refreshing. I had a Bloody Mary made with homemade vegetable juice, a little too asparagusy for my liking, but it's in season. On to the appetizer of meat and cheese, you select your your meats and cheeses, each cost about $4 - $6 dollars, so our 2 cheeses and 2 meats was around $20, but delicious.
We decided on burgers for dinner that were also very good.
Top it off with a vanilla crème brulee.
The server was fun and efficient. The atmosphere saw a few birthday celebrations, happy hour friends, families, date night, a little bit of everything!
Really enjoyed it!