“Excellent Restaurant with Amazing Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Food Dance Cafe

Food Dance Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Dance Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 336 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pitcher St.
Description: For 20 years, Food Dance has been committed to building a thriving and sustainable local food system. We support artisans who practice craft food processes that have been around for generations-growing, raising, preserving, curing, aging, pickling, butchering and more. For Food Dance, it's about the connection with the people and places their food comes from-authentic people and authentic food that's true to its source. Serving breakfast, lunch or dinner-guests are served the freshest menu items in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. We offer private dining space for celebrations or larger groups as well as catering and delivery. We host cooking classes and special dinners throughout the year - aimed to introduce guests to new elements of the culinary and agricultural worlds. Our on-site market offers amazing ingredients sourced from their family of purveyors-from sustainable, humanely raised meats, sausages and artisan cheeses to fresh baked bread, pastries and savory baked goods.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Restaurant with Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went to Food Dance for dinner and were really amazed with the good quality food as well as the great service. The fresh salad and bread were delicious. The burger and fries with the homemade ketchup were also a treat. I can also recommend the ultimate Mac N' Cheese - super cheesy! Everything was made straight from scratch which seemed to really enhance the flavor. I can definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for some fresh authentic food!

Tip: Don't forget you can make reservations online! I love not having to wait when I arrive.

• Visited August 2014

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The mac and cheese is amazing! Items are a little pricey on some things, but the atmosphere is great.

• Visited April 2014
Marcellus, Michigan
“Best dining experience in Kalamazoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is my favorite place to eat in Kalamazoo. I have loved every single dish I have ever had. Sometimes the sides are a little too different for me, but I do enjoy trying them as something new. My favorite dish is the salmon which luckily has stayed on the revving menu.
The fondue is something you should experience, though it is a meal in itself.

Every waiter I have ever had has been pleasant, attentive, and knowledgeable.

One of the more endearing things about Food Dance is their passion for local fare. The stories of the farms are printed right on the menu. You can also buy much of the food served in the small shop located at the restaurant. We never leave without getting a dessert, some cheese, or some meats.

Food Dance makes for a great night out. I feel you truly get a delicious meal for the money.

• Visited July 2014
Alpena Michigan
“great lunch experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was attending a meeting downtown Kalamazoo when i heard Food Dance Cafe has great food and wonderful atmosphere, I decided to give it a try. Really glad I did. The food was great, atmosphere trendy, comfortable, enjoyable. They serve wonderful house made creative organic ice teas, great vegetarian and meat selections. Coffee house coffees and a nice wine list. There are onsite bakery and butcher shops absent of yucky raw meat smells. Would/will definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank alpenasandi
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“Over-rated !!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We heard good things about Food Dance so we called and made reservations. We arrived a few minutes early so we expected to wait a bit. We were told it would be 10 minutes. Thirty minutes later we were told it would be 10 minutes. We ginally got a table. We felt the food was just OK; but considering the price t the value was not there. Basically we feel it is over rated.

Visited June 2014