“Hot spot for Breakfast in Kalamazoo”

LaRue's Family Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Hot spot for Breakfast in Kalamazoo”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

they have the best breakfast in town. Reasonable prices and a good quantity of food. Service is always friendly and fast.

Visited January 2013

Michigan
“Good family restaurant”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

LaRue's was a good family restaurant. We had a group of 8 women and most of us split entrees since we were having an early dinner. The food was very good and the portions very appropriate.

• Visited May 2013
kalamazoo mi
“Cash. Make sure you have cash.”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have frequented this place for 20 years. I love the sausage omelette with sausage gravy on top. One of the only restaurants that Does Not use the sausage links in their omlettes! I am picky about this.
Last I knew they took cash/checks, but no debit/cc. Bank is across the street & we just stopped there the last time we went.
LaRue's is quite busy! Weekend mornings have a wait. I went on Wednesday in March 2013 and it had quite a few people still at 1030-11 am, but no wait.

• Visited March 2013
Kalamazoo
“This place is a favorite for Sunday Breakfast.”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

A lot of others think so too because there's usually a decent line to get in. The food is simple, well made, tasty, ample, and nicely priced. Once you go here the first time you'll be back again and again.

Visited December 2012
Michigan
“Absolutely the Worst Service in Kalamazoo”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I've been here twice as I rarely make a decision on the place with one visit. Unfortunately, I received the same service the second time. From the time we sat down, me, with two boys, it was 15 mins to get our drink order. Then 30 mins later we placed our breakfast order. 30 mins later we got our food. Surprisingly the food was cold. But after waiting for as long as we did, I wasn't going to send it back.

There won't be a third time. The other breakfast restaurant, a mile away, seems to handle the concept of serving people.

• Visited May 2012