“Great for a range of diets” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crow's Nest
Ranked #4 of 336 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Great for a range of diets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I tried this on a day trip to Kalamazoo for medical issues; the short review is that I'm almost sorry we haven't any reason to return to Kalamazoo after I've finished with the sequence that brought us there today. (It's just too far away to go there just for a meal, though we'll keep this in mind if we ever need to overshoot Kalamazoo to Lansing or Detroit.)

We only had the eggs today--I the ham-swiss Eggs Benedict and my husband the Act of Grace omelet (pulled pork, spiced apple, smoked gouda) which was considerably better than it sounds; I gave it a miss because I wasn't sure about spiced apples in an omelet, but ended up feeling jealous. They do have a range of dishes, from vegan to full-on MEAT eater, virtuous breakfasts to lunches/dinners with more saturated fat than I'm ever telling my doctor about. (There are menus on UrbanSpoon and AllMenus, so I won't go into detail here.)

I hope this doesn't sound too much like praising with faint damnation, but this is one of those restaurants frequented by students. The food is delicious--the lab tech to whom I mentioned the restaurant couldn't say enough to praise it and she was right--but the the decor will ensure it never appears on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." Don't let that stop you from climbing the stairs! Consider it exercise to work off the meal. I've gathered they're primarily a breakfast and lunch place, though they're open late several evenings a week.

• Visited March 2014

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Not your typical restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a small restaurant upstairs in an older building. It is very casual but a local favorite. The food portions are generous and there is a variety of healthy and locally procured options.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JaneMP
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Neat Spot for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This restaurant is a place for locals. It's unique and a little eclectic feeling. The menu is not too long so they do well in their meals by not offering a little bit of everything. They don't serve alcohol. I have enjoyed every meal here and find that the service is also good. For me it's a lunch place and I have not dined here for dinner. The layout of the restaurant is kinda makeshift so you are not going for FINE dining but good local food that is NOT a chain in any regards. If you are visiting Kalamazoo avoid the chains and dine here. Conveniently located to downtown businesses.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Portage, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Great food and very good service. My only negative comment is the cost of the beverages, I believe the beverages are quite expensive.

Visited January 2014
Kalamazoo
“The best! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

My favorite restaurant in Kalamazoo! Good for any occasion, moderately priced and a nice diverse menu. Lots of vegetarian options! Delicious unique food and great service!