“Birthday dinner”
Review of Zazios

Zazios
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazios is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Wine Bar, Grill, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rose Street
Description: Inspired by the richness and diversity of flavors from around the world, we infuse our love for our little corner of the globe with rich, worldly flavors to create tempting local interpretations of global fare. A beautiful redesigned dining room rich in vibrant hues and interesting textures accentuates our fresh approach to food and creates an energetic and entertaining setting.
Paw Paw, Michigan
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The hostess greeted us after stating our name for our reservation with "happy birthday." We were seated at a 2 top. There were empty 4 tops. This is important as the great served apologized for the smallness of the table for the food dishes.

Service was excellent. She introduced herself as, "I am going to take wonderful care of you." She did.

The food, short ribs and seafood medley entres were delicious as were the house salad and scallops as appetizers. The desert, a fruit and pastry dish, required a knife to cut. The pastry was very tough.

The wine list is extensive by the bottle, but small by the glass. Normal restaurant pricing: twice retail. Very tasty.

Good, but not the best Kalamazoo experience.

Portage, Michigan
“Fantastic Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is one of our go to restaurants for date night. Sometimes we bring the kids and sometimes we are able to get away for much deserved "adult time." I don't think I've ever had a bad meal or a bad dining experience. Our servers always make the night memorable and special. We have had McKayla many times and Katie is one of our favorites. She always asks about our kids, remembers their names, and goes above and beyond to make us feel like we are special. I always get the scallops because they never disappoint and neither do the tasty breads and spreads. Katie knows this so she purposefully makes me try new things by bringing me little a little sample once in a while of something I would never order but end up loving. Needless to say, I may be changing it up and going with their AMAZING short ribs next time. The always on point service and chef john's menu will keep us coming back time and time again!

• Visited June 2014
Michigan
“Lost its "wow"factor”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I paid $32 for an entree which was a small piece of fish in a soupy purée. If the accompanying sauce and vegetables were outstanding, I would have overlooked the high price, but the dish was ordinary. Something has happened to Zazios and it feels like they've lost focus.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Foodstudy
Matt L, General Manager at Zazios, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your Entrée on your latest visit to see us in Zazios. We really strive for happy guests at Zazios and it disappoints us as a staff when we do not achieve that. If you would like to further discuss your experience with me please feel free to email me at Mlewis@ghgkz.com. I would love another opportunity to show you we have not lost our "Wow" factor and we are still preparing great food at Zazios.
Thank you for your honest feedback.
Matt
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Chef Please”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

For our anniversary we booked the Chef's table at Zazios in beautiful downtown Kalamazoo. All in all it was a good experience as they picked a location in Italy and prepared local dishes from that region. Executive Chef John Korycki was amazing as he interacted well with everyone at the table. The cost was a little extreme somewhere around 65 dollars a person however I was full by the third course so go hungry if you plan on going as they serve five full courses. As a special night out I would recommend to my friends. In the past we have taken business partners to this location do the fact it is the nicest restaurant in the Hotel Radision. I was surprised they tried to use all local ingredients, Chef would tell us what local farm or market he picked them up at and if you pay attention you can make most of the dishes in the comfort of your home. I say give it a shot, my wife and I enjoyed the evening at Zazio's, I hope you do the same.

• Visited April 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Superlative!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was one of the best meals I've had at a restaurant. There were four of us in my group and we sat at the chef's table. The selection of wines and the variety & quality of foods for each course were both fantastic; the conversation with the chef was very, very congenial; and the dinner went at a nice pace. It was overall a highly enjoyable experience and I definitely recommend it!

• Visited March 2014
Matt L, Manager at Zazios, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback, the Chef Table is a great concept and I am very happy you truly enjoyed your experience with Chef John.
Please come visit us again soon!
Matt