“What a great surprise to find such a great restaurant in Kalamazoo”
Review of Zazios

Zazios
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazios is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 359 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rose Street
Description: Inspired by the richness and diversity of flavors from around the world, we infuse our love for our little corner of the globe with rich, worldly flavors to create tempting local interpretations of global fare. A beautiful redesigned dining room rich in vibrant hues and interesting textures accentuates our fresh approach to food and creates an energetic and entertaining setting.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

On a recent business trip we stayed at the Raddison hotel in downtown Kalamazoo and found a great restaurant in the hotel. We ate here both nights we were in town and e second evening was better than the first. The service was excellent and the venue bright and lively. The food was exceptional and we talked about how we had this restaurant back in our home town. The mushroom pasta with truffle oil was excellent, as was the green bean and tomato salad. Bread from local bakery was delicious and so were the cocktails. A must do when in Kalamazoo.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I worked with the wonderful staff at Zazio's (Amber) to plan a wedding rehearsal dinner. The choices of menus for the night were varied and met the needs of all our guest (vegetarian, allergies) without being conspicuous.
We used the private dining room, which worked really well for us. It was a very comfortable, modern, chic setting that gave our guests room to roam. It was quiet enough for conversation.
Our server was very attentive to our needs and provided exceptional service.
The food was fresh, well prepared and presented... The portions were generous. The flavors were a carnival of tastes. Very well paired with the wine they chose for us.
Many kudos to the restaurant from our guests, who live in a major city in the East and don't lack for high-end restaurants.
Zazio's does Kalamazoo proud!
We

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The hostess greeted us after stating our name for our reservation with "happy birthday." We were seated at a 2 top. There were empty 4 tops. This is important as the great served apologized for the smallness of the table for the food dishes.

Service was excellent. She introduced herself as, "I am going to take wonderful care of you." She did.

The food, short ribs and seafood medley entres were delicious as were the house salad and scallops as appetizers. The desert, a fruit and pastry dish, required a knife to cut. The pastry was very tough.

The wine list is extensive by the bottle, but small by the glass. Normal restaurant pricing: twice retail. Very tasty.

Good, but not the best Kalamazoo experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is one of our go to restaurants for date night. Sometimes we bring the kids and sometimes we are able to get away for much deserved "adult time." I don't think I've ever had a bad meal or a bad dining experience. Our servers always make the night memorable and special. We have had McKayla many times and Katie is one of our favorites. She always asks about our kids, remembers their names, and goes above and beyond to make us feel like we are special. I always get the scallops because they never disappoint and neither do the tasty breads and spreads. Katie knows this so she purposefully makes me try new things by bringing me little a little sample once in a while of something I would never order but end up loving. Needless to say, I may be changing it up and going with their AMAZING short ribs next time. The always on point service and chef john's menu will keep us coming back time and time again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I paid $32 for an entree which was a small piece of fish in a soupy purée. If the accompanying sauce and vegetables were outstanding, I would have overlooked the high price, but the dish was ordinary. Something has happened to Zazios and it feels like they've lost focus.

2  Thank Foodstudy
Matt L, General Manager at Zazios, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your Entrée on your latest visit to see us in Zazios. We really strive for happy guests at Zazios and it disappoints us as a staff when we do not achieve that. If you would like to further discuss your experience with me please feel free to email me at Mlewis@ghgkz.com. I would love another opportunity to show you we have not lost our "Wow" factor and we are still preparing great food at Zazios.
Thank you for your honest feedback.
Matt