“I would rather sleep in my car than stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Kalamazoo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Kalamazoo
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Baroda, MI
“I would rather sleep in my car than stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel is run by the worst customer service that I have ever experienced in my life. I was overcharged for my room, which according to the reviews here is not the first time. My room was $166, I was charged $174 plus another charge of $150. I called and spoke to Whitney, she said it was a mistake and that she would correct it. Instead, she charged me $150 TWO more times. This makes $624 that they have tied up from my account which then caused NSF fees from my bank. When I called to point this out and to get some restitution, Whitney was EXTREMELY rude and said the additional charges were for smoking in the room which I did not do. She insists that I did, I insist I did not, so she told me I had to call the NEXT day to talk to the GM. When I finally got Janice, the GM, on the phone, I can see where Whitney got her deplorable customer service training. The GM Janice was even more rude, completely condescending, called me a "liar" over the smoking accusation, told me to "stop speaking before I hang up" and that if indeed they had made an error "then that's what you get for smoking in my room."

I have never had such poor customer service in my life. I called the Choice Hotels Customer Relations and they were just as much of a joke; they cant do anything but refer the complaint back to the hotel GM - and if that is not good enough for you and you want to go above the GM then you need to contact the city Chamber of Commerce to find out who owns the hotel because Customer Relations doesn't know! And this was a Choice Hotels Customer Relations SUPERVISOR telling me this! Are your serious!?

As of right now, two of the $150 charges have been returned but GM Janice refuses to drop the third $150 charge, refuses to pay me the $62 dollars in NSF fees that I incurred from THEIR mistake, and refuses to comp my room cost for all of the trouble that this has been for me. I had better customer services at the Burger King across the street. I gave it a 1 out of 5 only because I cant score this place any lower.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, book somewhere else. The Customer Service here is beyond deplorable and th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

About 6 blocks from downtown with easy access. Also near Western Michigan University. We stayed overnight because we were seeing a Broadway show at Miller Auditorium. Sports bar next door and a good Italian restaurant across the street. Hotel is in an older neighborhood. No pool, but an exercise room if you want to work out. Great breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage and bacon plus a big variety of cold items. Food was restocked as needed. Rooms clean. Staff friendly. Had everything we needed for a one night get away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slorettao
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Checked out of a disgusting hotel and went to this Comfort Inn. There was only one room available and we grabbed it. Staff was very friendly, hotel clean and comfortable and they have a great continental breakfast. If you are ever in Kalamazoo, pay the extra money and stay there!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Downtown but off of "Downtown" by a few blocks. Limited parking on site could be a problem for some. Rooms were typical Comfort Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stayed there during the Medieval Congress. Walking distance to campus, also good for downtown Kalamazoo. A colleague and I had no problems with our reservations, but other people in the queue had, their reservation was lost, although they produced the printout of the acknowledged booking. Room large, basic bathroom, beds and desk ok, breakfast inlcudied, again, ok, especially of you like waffles. Good basic accomodation, good value for money. But: One day no roomservice, very inefficient staff at reception.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Airforce One
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

As a paralysied vet in a manual wheelchair I need often help.
This hotel took my reservation and then cancelled upon check in @ 11pm per Owner because
I had asked for common sense additions be made for the handicap room #123 a few weeks earlier.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank T7sci
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

My brother stops in Kazoo, always stays at the Comfort Inn. He gets around in a wheelchair, so he knows a handicapper room when he sees one. He readily points out flaws in accomodations: everything is designed with able bodied people in mind.
1.Bed too high to transfer onto easily. 2. CHEAP rickety aluminum shower chair. 3. No soap dish. 4. Shower hose too short to rinse his groin. Handicappers deserve better! So, on Oct.10th, we roll up to the Comfort Inn. The timid girl at the counter eventually tells us: my boss called me and said not to rent a room to you "because you complain too much". So we wheeled to the Radisson: read: payed 183bucks, instead of 107. OUCH.

• Stayed October 2010