“Nice Hotel & Convenient Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Kalamazoo

Comfort Inn Kalamazoo
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Nice Hotel & Convenient Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Rooms are clean, comfortable & updated. Digital thermostat keeps the temperature exactly where you want it for a good night's sleep. Continental breakfast is well-stocked. Hotel is a short drive from downtown Kalamazoo.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Anthony,

Thank you for your 5-star review of our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and had a good nights sleep. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Warm Regards,

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
rochester,new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for reunion. Front desk was very efficient, helpful and friendly. My room was very clean and had all the amenities. A refrigerator was handy. I love the soft sheets and the different types of pillows. Breakfast was included and many types of foods were offered. I will definitely stay here my next time in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are away from traffic and the train
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Bicyclelady,

Thank you for your rave review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our brand new bedding and pillows. Thank you for your comments about our Front Desk Staff - we will be sure to share your kind words with them! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have stayed here twice while passing through, and have been pleasantly surprised both times. The location is convenient to downtown at a far lower than other places, without the unneeded frills. However, it does offer everything you need... A nice clean bed, fresh linens, mini-fridge, good breakfast, free parking, and updated, clean bathroom. For the price, you can't beat it in this location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
klb9876,

Thank you for your great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness, and service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Stayed here for one night for a skating competition. The rooms were OK, a little tired looking, though they did have a microwave and a really big fridge.

The parking lot was VERY small, so if the hotel is booked, people will need to park across the street (4 lanes of traffic!) in the parking lot of a former Burger King. Make sure to put your parking permit on your dashboard, though. Teammates told me that they overheard a gentleman at the front desk complaining because his car had been towed.

Not a lot of restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I had to leave the hotel before the complimentary breakfast started, but I heard from other families that it was good.

The front desk staff was pleasant every time I dealt with them (over the phone to change my reservation, at check-in and at check-out).

We received a discounted rate for our group, but even still, I don't think the value is there. To save some money on our trip, I stayed at a different Kalamazoo hotel our first night that was more updated and was almost half the price, even with the group discount we received at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KChickie
Shelby Township, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Overnight trip to Kalamazoo. Hotel room was clean and fairly spacious. We reserved a room with a king bed and was surprised to find a king bed and also a hot tub in our room. Also had a microwave and refrigerator. Asked for an extra hour to check out in the morning and was given it...no questions asked. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there is very little parking and we had to use the empty Burger King lot across the street to park our car (the hotel gave a note to put on our dashboard). Don't really like walking across a busy street to get to the hotel or leaving the car unattended in a dark lot.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Close to the university. Rooms were VERY small. I was made to feel like a pest because I wanted toilet paper and a lamp (with working lightbulbs) on my desk / table. Breakfast (do-it-yourself) was good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kalamazoo hotels

Warren, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

To qualify myself, I travel frequently for business, and stay in hotel rooms about 1/3 of the nights per year. My company booked me into this hotel out of default, because the normal hotel I stay at was booked up. My first impression was that this hotel is in a more run down part of town. There were some little oddities that I encountered here that I have never seen before that put me on edge. The type of things that if you live a large portion of your nights in hotels like I do, raised my eyebrows and made me go, "hmmmmm?". It is apparent that there is enough of an indigent problem in the area that they have to post "No Public Bathroom" signs on the front door (I have NEVER seen this at a nice hotel before), and they lock up the breakfast area to keep people from wandering in, presumably to forage for food, so if you need cutlery for anything, you have to take it out of a "pencil holder" at the front desk.

Another anomaly was the fact I had to put a "parking pass" (like if you were camping) on the dash of my car. I have never seen that before either. Troubles with unauthorized people parking in the lot?

If you are traveling for business and need a reliable internet connection, this is NOT the hotel for you. The wifi is TERRIBLE! It goes up and down every minute or two. Every time you log into the "free" wifi, you are either presented with a 30 second commercial or an online survey. If you do not click the right response, you are not taken to the Internet, but you are made to have to sit through ANOTHER commercial in most cases. With the net going up and down and up and down, you can expect to see a LOT of commercials on their "free" wifi.

When I complained at the desk, the response was "yeah, that's our internet. I can get you a network cable to wire in, though". I told him that did me no good with an iPad. I finally did get a CAT6 patch cable out of my car and hooked my laptop up. Their wired network is just as bad as their wifi, Good luck if you want to watch anything on NetFlix on any of your devices!

On the positive side, the room was sufficiently clean, and in good repair. The hallways and lobby are also in good condition. There is coffee available in the lobby almost all of the time. The staff seems pleasant enough. The breakfast in the morning is OK. The same basic stuff served by all mediocre hotel chains.

One other minor complaint... I have back problems and like to soak it in a hot tub for pain relief. The tubs are TINY...not even wide enough to accommodate the breadth of my shoulders. I am 6'2", 250lbs... not a giant, but a big ol' strapping farm boy. If I cannot fit, someone of considerable size would never make it in and out of the tub.

I guess It is an OK place to stay if you just need a bed for the night, and nothing else is available but I would not use it as a destination getaway. Like I said, the questionable neighborhood was enough to make me pause, since I have had my car broken into at hotels in MUCH nicer areas.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business