“Great Location but Bad Parking”

Comfort Inn Kalamazoo
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Easy access to downtown shops and restaurants but there is very limited parking. Our room was great, the location was great, the staff was nice, and the breakfast was as expected. I have always had good experiences with Comfort Inns but would likely look for other accommodations if I went back just because of the parking. If you book here you will be fine just know that if you go out to dinner you may come back and not find a spot. However, there are plenty of great places in walking distance.

Room Tip: Park and walk to area restaurants.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice room, comfy bed... They had problems with WiFi & try as they might the girls on duty last night couldn't fix it. They did try too... They were very accommodating. My husband plugged in but I gave up & used the PC in the lobby to do what I had to. Water pressure was good. Didn't run out of hot water... Both good things.
Breakfast was good as well. The young men in the morning were also quite pleasant. We enjoyed our stay in this hotel even with the WiFi issue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed over the graduation weekend at K College. Within walking distance from the college and from the downtown area. They do have a fitness center and complementary hot breakfast although I didnt make use of either. The rooms are modern and the right size. the beds are super comfortable. Staff are great and the price feels just about right. I would definitely stay here again. A/C can be a little loud.

Room Tip: Rooms facing academy street are less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For 30+ yrs, I've coordinated an event for 50-70 ppl incldng hotels. Tried CI&S this year. For the 1st time EVER, it went perfectly - 0 problems. The staff, rooms, EVERYTHING couldn't have been better

Room Tip: I want to continue here bcuz not enough room in review. I know I sound like an employee but I am not...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A nice, predictable stay at a clean and organized Comfort Inn. Nice when one is on a long road trip and just looking for a clean room to sleep without unexpected drama. Friendly front desk service as well.

Room Tip: Had a pleasant surprise in Room 111 - an in-room hot tub.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Christen S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

habitatgallery,

Thank you for your positive comments. We make every effort to insure that we are your home away from home. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in the Kalamazoo area.

Warm Regards,
Christen S.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were in town for a concert at State Theatre on April 13. It is about 15 min walk to the venue. This hotel , for the price was certainly adequate. Yes , the carpet was worn at the door opening, but otherwise our room was clean and comfortable, and it was quiet the night we stayed. The breakfast is the usual fare. The breakfast hostess that morning offered to make us scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage, as it was gone when we ate at 9am, but we declined and thanked her for her offer to do that. There was other food to eat for our satisfaction. The check in and checkout process was smooth and seamless. The room cost 77.00$ at AARP rate. You really can't beat that for the price for a place to sleep and breakfast for two people. That's how I look at it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christen S, Manager at Comfort Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

ruthirb911,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Kalamazoo for your stay. We are happy to hear that you’re found the hotel to be a good deal for the two of you . We are sorry to hear about the frayed carpeting, and we are working diligently on my upgrades to the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you on your return trip to Kalamazoo.

Warm Regards,
Christen Sutton

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stay in 200 plus hotels a year. This was the worst ever! I'll probably never consider a comfort inn again after this stay. Loudest hotel ever, people slamming door, screaming. 6 calls & 1 trip to the front desk, just to hear they can't do anything about it. Actually, the first 4 calls, no one answered. The last 2 & the trip down, I was told they were fully booked & couldn't move me. I told her I was going to call the police if it didn't stop. She said that would do no good. I informed her that someone was smoking marijuana on the floor, because the hall reeked of it. She just said, nothing I can do. Worst hotel ever!!! If you see good review here, some who works for comfort inn wrote it.

Oh yeah, the remote didn't work.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business