“Be sure to check the alarm clock” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
MI
“Be sure to check the alarm clock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have stayed at this motel several times and have never had any problems, nice room, quiet, a kitchenette. This morning, I am sitting in the dark so I won't wake hubby who is still sleeping. The alarm clock went off at 6am and we did not set it. Not being used to a strange alarm waking you up, hubby fumbled around with it, finally turning the light on to see it. So, here I am...awake much earlier than I wanted to be because either someone neglected to see that the alarm was set, or someone just thought it would be funny to wake people up.
We will be back, but we'll be checking the alarm clock.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank love_those_wings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Most of them were favorable and it was very close to where I was meeting up with high school friends that I had not seen in 20+ years. Everyone was VERY nice. Check-in and Check-out were very smooth, room spacious and clean and the hotel ammenities were outstanding. I will surely book this hotel again on future trips!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bren1290
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

If they offer me money to stay or free rooms will never take it

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank ramadan43323
Eastpointe, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed over the July 4th weekend. Reserved on line, when checking in my son also arrived and paid "cash". I went to my room prior to his registration completion, he was paying cash. Found room wasn't clean, fridge dirty with old food. Changed rooms, no problem. Couple days later found my credit card was charged with my son's 2nd night stay which I didn't authorize in retaliation for my complaining about the room. My receipt shows 0 balance. I'm an elderly lady on a fixed income reporting them to the BBB!! Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Check for cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank grama63
IHGCare, IHG Care at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Dear grama63,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience. IHG Care ^bj
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We had the best time. Everyone was wonderful, and so very helpful!!! The front desk staff, with the exception of Will, was so friendly!!! I wish we could have stayed there for our whole time in MI, maybe next time! We will definitely be back!!!
Anyone who says anything else about this staff must have some of those children that ran up and down the halls all hours of the night, pulled things off the walls, and played music so loud, that we heard it from the 3rd floor. So instead of blaming the staff for talking to your children, look in the mirror. Shame on you for allowing it to happen in the first place!!!

Room Tip: Always use manners everywhere you go, you get more
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I have been staying at this Staybridge since it first opened in about 2006. The hotel it's self has been generally satisfactory regarding cleanliness and up until recently, the customer service was great. Within in the last couple years, it seems there has been a change in management that hasn't been for the better. After my last stay, I will never give this place another cent again.
My husband was up all night with the stomach flu and consequently, we both got a late start in the morning. I went to the front desk and asked for late check out. An employee told me there was no way because they were booked (Sunday) 'No problem', I thought. After all, I didn't ask for late check out the night before. I walked back to my room and as i was packing my bag, the hotel room phone rings. It's now 11:00am. I was on my cell phone and just let it ring, thinking it was just the front desk telling me they could grant my late check out request. I thought since we were on our way out the door there was no need for late check out. Just as we are giving the room a once over to make sure we didn't leave anything, there is a bang at the door. I look at the clock. 11:10am. (REALLY) I open. It's the manager Jan telling basically kicking me out and asking me if I want to book another night since I'm supposed to be checked out. I explained to her that we were on our way out, just running a couple minutes late. Ten minutes past? Really?

On more than one occasion, I have had less than desirable exchanges with the management. I have been giving them business since the very beginning, when they were desperate for customers and somehow in the midst of becoming a popular place, it seems they have forgotten how to treat people. It was acutely inappropriate for this "Jan" woman to treat us this way. I commute for my job and have been staying in hotels for years. I have never seen such awful hotel etiquette.

There is a Holiday Inn just down the street I'm happy to give my business to from now on.

• Stayed May 2011
8 Thank Prettipetite
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo, Michigan and even though I have stayed at many hotels throughout my career I have found that my hotel of choice from now on will be Staybridge Suites and preferably the one in Kalamazoo. The front desk service is absolutely top notch and could convince anyone to return. They made me feel at home from the moment I checked in and if there were any issues that needed addressing they were taken care of immediately. The housekeeping was absolutely flawless. My room was always spotless and any needs were immediately met. The management staff last but certainly not least, was top of the line. It was obvious that guest service was their top priority and they would pull out all of the stops to make their guests happy. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that travels regularly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business