Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
  • Pool
US$120
HolidayInn.com
Hampton.com
All reviewsone bedroom suitefront desklight dinnerliving areafree laundryapartment complexwestern michigan universitypool and hot tubbreakfast buffetnice roomwafflesbed was comfortablefitness roomroom rateworking orderzeuskitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed here in Feb '12 on points. We had a 2BR. I think the rooms are large with comfy beds. I think this brand, which I had never stayed at, competes with the Residence Inn line at Marriott.

They had a free dinner Wednesday night. They also have it Tuesday and Thursday night. The had a nice pool and hottub. The pool was heated a bit and was nice and clean.

The check-in was uber fast and I forget to checkout it was so easy. The few staff members we ran into in the hall smiled and were pleasant.

I forgot something for the trip and the front desk recommended somewhere to go to replace it. Their directions were accurate and that ended up being ok.

I though things looked in ok shape. Not a new property but not old or dated either.

I will be looking to Staybridges in the future. I had never heard of them until this trip to Kalamazoo. Thanks, solid stay. Oh it was very quiet as well, although the parking lot seemed full.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2011

For the past year I have stayed numerous times at the Staybridge Suites in K-Zoo. I have consistently seen the same employees working on each of my visits, indicating they don't have a high employee turn over rate, something I value when I stay in the same cities over and over. The front desk personnel have always been very pleasant to deal with. Every time I have checked in it has been either a gal named "Pam" or a gentleman named "Patrick". By far the most pleasant hotel employees I've dealt with in my travels.
Otherthan the great front desk clerks, the hotel offers a very nice pool and hot tub for relaxation, comfortable beds, and a nice warm breakfast compared to it's counterparts.

Room Tip: Two Queen Bed Bedroom Suite is the best if you are traveling with your kids.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ECHLHockey
Mary B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear ECHLHockey,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Our management understands that our employees are our number one asset. We value our employees, our guests, and the relationships we share! We look forward to your next stay with us and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make you feel at home.

Warm regards,

Mary Bent-Buist
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2011

This was my first stay at Staybridge. I was on a two day work trip. Immediately after the stay I was headed to my son's in Kentucky. I was trying to bring frozen meats that was a favorite of his.. I was concerned how I could keep the meat frozen. When I walked in and found the neat and clean room with a kitchen that included a full size refrigerator with freezer I was excited. No problem keeping the meat frozen now. It didn't stop there. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They had fresh baked cookies and even free dinners on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The food was great. From now on I will stay at a Staybridge whenever I can.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Mary B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear LindaG42036,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! As an extended stay property, ALL of our rooms feature a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator and a pullout sofa in the living space. Just added amenitites we feel our customers, like you, would want! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next visit to Kalamazoo!

Warm regards,

Mary Bent-Buist
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2011

On star does not get you to the exact location but a few blocks away that takes you to an apartment complex. Use Garmin or call when you get close as it is easy to get there off hiway.
Suites are somewhat dated and in need of some tlc probably sooner that later. Common areas at first inmpression need to be replaced or cleaned. Other than that - very quiet - beds are adequate and comfortable. Free breakfast is good, but not enough room for people to eat seated at a table. Yes these are probably for longer stays because you have a kitchenette in each suite thinking the guests might be cooking for themselves, but during my over night they were all in the breakfast room, a few more tables wouold be nice.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quuiet. Get up early during weekends for breakfast - maybe you will be able to get a table.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

have stayed here twice while visiting our daughter who goes to western. rooms are clean and staff is always nice. the supermarket next door is very handy. having a kitchen is always a plus and breakfest buffet is nice.

Room Tip: they have two bedroom suites, great for a family of five
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family