“Plesant facility, Unplesant staff”

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have been a frequent stayer of Staybridge in different cities as a priority club gold member. While this facility is good being relatively newly built, the staff girl in front desk was the most unpleasant person I ever encountered throughout any hotel or lodging facility. I felt like I am asking for a favor of stay, even though I made reservation. Additinally, as I did not want to stay in first floor, I requested upper floor room. The answer was 'not avaialable' outright. On my subsequent question on when it will be available, suddenly 3rd floor room was given. No explanation, no further talk, giving me the impressin of jsut go away. I was almost felt insulted.

Oh, by the way, not surprisingly, no recognitiion of priority club gold member, different from other Staybridges. I did not even felt asking, for fear of more awkward encounter.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Hwan Y
rick z, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

First and foremost I want to sincerely apologize for your experience with the front desk associate who was assisting you at check in as the experience that you describe is not the experience that we train and strive to provide to our guests. I can assure you that your valued feedback will be brought to our staffs attention and will serve as a challenge to all of our front desk associates to sharpen and improve their customer service skills. Again I apologize that your check in experience left you feeling as though you were not appreciated and welcomed at our facility but please know that you are a valued guest and we do appreciate you. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to prove that this facility and the staff working here appreciate your business and your loyalty to our brands.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Great service! Clean and quiet. Good breakfast (hot foods including a meat, eggs, waffles). The pool is nice and loved the hot tub. There is a lovely outdoor area for warmer weather days with grills you can use. Economical, good location - will stay here from now on when we visit.

Room Tip: Has shop for snacks etc but recommend gas station or grocery store for supplies.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara N
rick z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for staying with our Hotel.....there is a grocery store located right next door for those items you may need to grill out when in the courtyard during the warmer months. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was our first stay here after many visits to Kalamazoo. We loved it. We had a one bedroom suite for our visit with our 2 grandchildren. Plenty of space (could have used one more closet). Kitchen just right for our needs. Beds comfortable. Quiet, did not hear other guest on either side. Rooms very dark when curtains closed. Breakfast had a large variety of hot and cold food. Swimming pool and court yard nice place to burn energy. Hotel staff very friendly. Hotel very clean. Will stay again when we visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
rick z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you, it is nice to hear that you had a special time with your Grandchildren. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I always like staying here because it is just like a small apartment with room to roam. The cooling/heating is quiet. The rooms are clean. The lighting is well done. Was not able to do breakfast but used the pantry for a few items in the evening. Good location, closest to WMU.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Seneca Drive in Kalamazoo for two months starting in mid-April this year. The hotel is conveniently located to both local businesses and WMU. The staff is friendly and helpful; I always felt like I was coming home to family every evening. The staff kept the hotel impeccably clean and maintained my room better than I would have if I were cleaning it myself.
Of special note is the (free/included) breakfast; it is the most complete, best quality breakfast bar I have ever seen in anything other than 5 star hotels - FAR better than the competition. They also serve some of the best coffee I have ever tasted - Wolfgang Puck's brand.
The front desk staff and the food service staff ALWAYS had smiles on their faces, and greeted you as friends.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are very convenient to the breakfast/evening social area, the exercise room, l...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here while visiting our daughter at college. Hotel is nice, new, conveniently located to both the highway and WMU campus. Although we have never eaten in the general vicinity, it appears there are a number of close restaurants. Both times we have stayed in this hotel, we have also had other family members and friends join us who also really liked the hotel. Note - the suites are big enough for a number of people to hang out during the day. Although my other daughters, niece and nephews ultimately stayed with their sister/cousin in her apartment, there was plenty of room in the afternoon when we were all there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aljesbob
rick z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Check with the front desk next time you are staying with us, we have a list of great places to eat in the Kalamazoo area.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I recently stayed at Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo for a week-long work project and would highly recommend it. The 2-bedroom 2-bath suite was a clean, quiet, comfortable mini apartment with daily breakfast and dinner (three times a week) included in the rate. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. It is conveniently located near the freeway with many restaurant options nearby. I'm looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business