Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsone bedroom suitefront desklight dinnerliving areafree laundryapartment complexwestern michigan universitypool and hot tubbreakfast buffetnice roomwafflesbed was comfortablefitness roomroom rateworking orderzeuskitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I spent 5 nights at the staybridge in Kalamazoo. After two nights, I noticed that my room smelled very mouldy - after checking I realised that the carpet under the aircon machine was wet. I spoke to the person at the front desk who moved me to another room. Upon entering room number two both me and the receptionist immediately noticed a strong, very sweet smell, almost like strawberries. It also smelled quite acidic. I believe the first two rooms were 112 and 119. I was then moved up to the handicapped room, 329. In this room I stayed for three further nights. After two night, in noticed a number big bites on my face and my hands, which were not like mosquito bites. I kept receiving more bites, they tend to come up about 24 h later. They are definitely no mosquito bites (it's October. Also, the window had mosquito nets installed).

All in all, terrible experience, would not recommend!

(I would like to point out though, that the staff was very friendly)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LauraNoushin
StaybridgeSuitesKzoo, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo, MI. We want to take this time to apologize to you for your stay. Thank you for providing us with honest feedback so that we can take the time to make things right. We would like you to know that we are taking your comments very seriously within our management company and here at the hotel. We are working with a professional pest control company to look into this situation and to correct anything that we may find. We are also taking the steps needed to ensure that our hotel is in excellent condition for the future. Again, thank you for providing us with feedback as we are always striving for excellence.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

While this is by no means a luxury resort, it is absolutely perfect for it's class. There is always hot coffee available. They serve hot meals 3 nights a week. The staff is courteous and efficient. The rooms are tidy, clean and well appointed. An ideal spot for a short or extended stay. Conveniently located to several venues and downtown. There is a "strip" mall a short walk away, otherwise a quick drive almost anywhere. I have stayed several times while visiting my college daughter. Most recently we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. A treat! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Kalamzoo, MI. We love the fact that you had a 'perfect' stay while you were here. We love to be your home away from home and are glad that you have chosen to stay with us.
We are looking forward to the next time you are in Kalamazoo and stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

To date I have only used Candlewood Suites in the IHG brands.
We loved having a pool with hot tub.
Another plus is hot breakfast in the morning.
We stayed in a king suite.
Design of the room is very versatile. Table with chairs in kitchen.
Living room with fold out couch and chair with flat screen tv.
A very roomy king bedroom with vanity outside of bathroom and a flat screen tv.
Plenty of electrical outlets throughout room.
Great WiFi!
Staff is wonderful!
Kendall, Brittany, Christine and John at the front desk are professional and warm. They understand your needs.
Staying here on Labor Day weekend the breakfast staff was over worked but managed to keep up! Kudos to the breakfast staff.
The only thing we saw that needed attention was the landscaping in the courtyard. Trees and bushes were overgrown and in need of trimming and weeding . I hope management reads this and gets the land scraping done. It will have a huge impact on feeling of the hotel.
I will stay here on a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo, MI. We are thrilled that your very first stay at a Staybridge Suites was here in Kalamazoo. We, too, love the feel of the hotel; from the spacious livingroom in our suites, to the indoor pool and hot tub, to the full hot buffet breakfast each morning! We love our stay too and will be certain to pass your positive comments along to them. We look forward to seeing you at the Staybridge Suites the next time you visit Kalamazoo.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The staff were pleasant and efficient, the room clean and very comfortable. A very nice small breakfast in the morning. Even free popcorn provided for you! I found it comparable if not superior to many 'luxury' hotels I've stayed at. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Rick Z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I'm in Kzoo for 4-5 weeks of every year, and this is the only place that I stay! The customer service is great, the rooms are clean AND spacious, and there are reasonable food options within a reasonable distance from the hotel (including a supermarket). I generally like to buy groceries and cook in my room to save money and have healthier options for food (most of the food places in area are fast food), but when I want to cheat, the fast food options are definitely there! If you travel closer to the business/downtown district of Kzoo (Westnedge Ave), you'll find more restaurants & shopping options. Not the best hotel for accessibility to restaurants and shopping, but definitely the most comfortable option for extended stays.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Casheta
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Kalamzoo, MI. We love the fact that you had a great stay with us! We love to be your home away from home and are glad that you have chosen to stay with us. I will be sharing your experience with our staff!