“Excellent lodging with everything that you could wish”

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This lodging is excellent value. There is a kitchen in case you want to cook. An internal courtyard is a well-landscaped patio with chairs and tables for talking or merely relaxing. On Tues, Wed., Thurs. evenings, they supply an evening meal of hamburgers or croissant sandwiches plus trimmings. The complimentary breakfasts are superb. If you don't find something that you want, keep looking because it will be there, e.g., sausage gravy and biscuits, fresh fruit, oatmeal with nuts, cherries, etc.; eggs, meats ranging from bacon to link or patty sausage. Muffins and sweet rolls. Great coffee and juices. Those attending the Medieval Congress could not ask for more--it is the first stop after registration at Valley III. Families wanting a place to hold a reunion will find that it is very friendly and accommodating. They also have free laundry in case you need to wash things out! Pleasant staff with a little pantry-shop where you can buy snacks. You are walking distance from several restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get on the second floor or ask for a patio room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay; we are passionate about being your 'home away from home'. We love the comfortable feel of our rooms and what our friendly staff does make you feel like you're right at home. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I did not choose this hotel, my host did. I was in town for two nights for a workshop. My room had a kitchen, sitting area, and comfortable bed. It was the perfect place to decompress after two long days in the studio with students.
Breakfast was wonderful: hot bar, yogurt, the usual continental pastries, bread, and bagels, whole fruit, and real oatmeal, not instant! yay!
I like the eco-friendly "light touch" maid service where, upon request, they will make your bed and replace towels AND if needed you may request more.
It is located near an exit to the freeway among the usual chain restaurants, etc.
Staff was really friendly and professional.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Kalamzoo, MI. We love the fact that you had a great stay with us! We are so happy that you have stayed with us! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff! We are looking forward to the next time you are in Kalamazoo and stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I recently booked a room at this hotel, and wasn't planning on staying two nights. The weather report was saying up to 10 inches of snow, and I wasn't sure if we would need to stay. The manager (Joy) gave me her card and said if we decided to stay, just to call her and she would make sure there was a room for us! It totally put my mind at ease, and we did end up back there. The breakfast was outstanding, and the rooms are super comfy-especially the beds.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Kalamzoo, MI. We love the fact that you had a great stay with us! We love to be your home away from home and are glad that you have chosen to stay with us. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with Joy our General Manager and the rest of our team! She is the BEST isn't she! We are looking forward to the next time you are in Kalamazoo and stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Our son attands school at western michigan. Now our daughter is looking at going here. This hotel is the most roomy, quiet, and well kept of all the ones I have stayed at in Kalamazoo. I like the larger spaces and don't miss the daily room service. The breakfast is good here much better than HIE. Have not had a bad room here. I traveling 40 weeks a year and find this one of my better non -five star hotels.

Room Tip: One room suites are very roomy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PhoenisSunDog
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Kalamzoo, MI. We love the fact that you had a great stay with us! We love to be your home away from home and are glad that you have chosen to stay with us. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff! We are looking forward to the next time you are in Kalamazoo and stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I personally like the suites in many cases. It is always nice to have a kitchen of sorts available to fixe a homemade meal. But here we also get a complimentary meal in the evening, on certain days, to boot. Now, the meal they offered the night I was there was a taco bar, and it would have been just perfect if they could have kept the food stocked on the buffet. Kind of hard to make a taco , or nachos or just about anything if you run out of taco meat. What I had was good and could have been fantastic if only it would have been maintained better. My initial thought was why offer the meal, if your not going to take care of it.
The room was nice, and spacious. The TV is a flat screen tv but one of the original ones I think. it took forever to flip through the channels.
My room was clean and it was nice to have some room to spread out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites in Kalamzoo, MI. We love the fact that you had a great stay with us! We love to be your home away from home and are glad that you have chosen to stay with us. I am very sorry that during your stay that we ran out of taco meat during the Social Event. I will be sure to share this with our kitchen staff to ensure that we provide enough "fixings" for our Social Meals. We are looking forward to the next time you are in Kalamazoo and stay here at the Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have been regular for this place. I ended up cancelling for the rest of the days of my recent stay, and will not come back to this place again.

Even though always not felt very welcoming here, I have used this place for my own convenience. I also should say that I already had an unpleasant experience in this place at very beginning of using this place. I have been trying a second shot based on my good experience in other StayBridge and the response from manager on my previous review.

- One night in a few days of stay in the hotel room, I ended up seeing a cylinder shaped white matter twice bigger than my whole thumb in the floor at the bedside toward the window. I picked it up and found that it was a piece of bone. What a feeling at night to see a bone fragment. After further looking around, I found another much bigger leg bone with fist size end at the bottom of the bed. It was disgusting and very creepy night. Considering that the room was cleaned out during my stay, I doubt the way they clean out the room.

- The front desk person was not just an unkind person, but nasty human being. I requested a favor of changing the room type on next few days stay. Also, I asked to provide a convenience of moving the room without checking out and in again, so that I do not need to get all my stuff carrying with me. He just stared at me, and asked, 'Who are you?'. On further conversation, he was adamant on checking out and in again, and showed no intention of providing convenience. There was no way that people in this place did not recognize me as a hotel customer, as I have been in this place so many times and so many nights. Even though he did not recognize me, that was not just the way to respond to the hotel guest or to-be-guest.

- I should say that overall the staffs in this facility is far from kind or friendly. I never met a person who say hi to me, by front desk person, in eating area, or by cleaning person.

When I use StayBridge in other places, the experience is different. The building itself has a good potential, being nice looking. However, this facility has issues of maintenance and staff attitudes.

2  Thank Hwan Y
Cassie B, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo MI. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.
I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations and ours as well. Please accept our sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with your room and the services provided by our hotel staff. I can appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you.
I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. We would like you to reach out to us, the Operations Manager (Cassie) or the General Manager (Joy) to discuss this further. That way we can ensure that we are providing all of our guests with a great memorable experience. Our direct number to our hotel is 269-372-8000.
We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We walked into the room it smelled like mold. Stains on the carpet and bed skirt. Thick layer of dust under the crooked tv. The heat would not work but the electrician was able to fix. We got service one day out of the three days we stayed and they did not replenish any of the items. In fact they took the towels that we had hanging for reuse but did not replace them. When we went downstairs to get our own towels we saw another person getting her own towels so it appeared to be standard practice. We saw one room put their overflowing trash can in the hall - they must have not gotten service either. Out of date slow computers in the Business Center. Just to top it off on the last day one of the two treadmills had died. One positive is the breakfast was fully stocked at different hours each day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CinLang
StaybridgeSuitesKzoo, Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo.
We appreciate you taking your time to give us your feedback on our hotel. We apologize that the hotel was not up to your standards; nor ours either. We pride ourselves in having a clean hotel with great service for all of our guests. We apologize that you did not experience this. We will certainly take all of your feedback and make the necessary changes that we need to make. Please contact the hotel directly, if you would like share more of your experience with us. We are constantly striving to be the best that we can be and we appreciate your feedback for us. Thank you again for staying with us. We would love to talk further with you.