As one who has grown too old for the Western Michigan dorms, I have tried out various Kalamazoo hotels for the annual Medieval Congress. This, to date, is my favorite. While the promised shuttle service from the Congress proved to be quirky at best, the hotel is well situated for those who have a car -- easy to get to from the Interstate and a quick five minutes to the Congress itself. The rooms, while hardly suites, were comfortable and about what you would expect from this category of hotel. There is a small stove, fridge, microwave, sink and basic dishes and pots/pans. There is a free packet of popcorn and envelopes of coffee, but no tea! The wireless internet did not seem to work in my room but the cable connection worked just fine. There is a nice flat screed Dell TV and a comfortable bed. The only sign of skimping was in the closet where there were but two hangers. The hotel provides, mid-week, a free light supper, which on a Thursday night was a decent-tasting chili. The buffet breakfasts were quite good for all but those who crave pastries. But for the healthier minded, there is hot and cold cereal, eggs and meat, yoghurt, fruit, etc. Like all places of this type, space for eating is tight but that goes with the territory. The afternoon cookies were excellent. There is a business center with a printer; the pool temperature was perfect for swimming a few laps and the hot tub was hot. The most outstanding feature of this hotel, however, is the level of customer service. I cannot remember when I have encountered such friendly and helpful folk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites hotel in Kalamazoo, Michigan is the perfect place to work or relax while in Kalamazoo. Whether you are here because of sales, training, relocation or leisure, our extended stay hotel will satisfy all your needs. Our 95 room all suite hotel consists of 3 distinct room types: choose from our studio suite, 1 bedroom suite, or our fabulous two bedroom, two bath suite. All suites feature flat screen TVs with DVD players, a full pullout sofa, as well as a full kitchen. Each room includes a hot breakfast buffet , 24-hour business center, workout facility, and Bridgemart convenience store, free WiFi, complimentary guest laundry, indoor pool and hot tub, as well as an outdoor courtyard with gas grills and patio tables for grilling out and socializing. We also host an evening Sundowner Reception 3 nights a week where we serve a light dinner. If you are looking for a change of pace, pick up your phone and dial direct to Gallagher's by pushing your pre-programmed button and let them deliver dinner to your room. We are conveniently located close to I-94 and US 131 for easy access on or off the highway. Kalamazoo is a great city half way between Detroit and Chicago. We are home to many large corporations such as Pfizer, Dana Corp, Eaton, and Stryker. We are less than 3 miles from Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo College. Priority Club member? Bring your points we'll give you more. Enjoy all the Comforts of Home when you choose Staybridge Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo Hotel Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Staybridge Suites