TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
US$215
US$172
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsfull length mirrormarriot propertymorning breakfast was typicalfront deskcomplete kitchenlonger termspacious suitecracker barrelbreakfast area was cleanbreakfast selectionan extended staysink areaa wonderful staydecent sizewaffle makerwest siderecommend staying here
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This format is intended for extended stay guests but we only had a short stay. We didn't need the stove or fridge, but they didn't get in the way either. The room is very functional, very clean and modern. It was very quiet too.

The fitness room has two Startac treads (one was out of order, the other needed the belt waxed). The room also had a Lifefitness recumbent bike. I noticed too late that they had passes for a local gym.

The breakfast was a little disappointing. They only serve until 9:30. Plus, it was mostly just cold cereal, yogurt, toast, packaged oatmeal. I'm not really trying to complain, but expected a little more.

I still want to give four stars because overall, we were pleased with the service, the room was fantastic, and other than the hiccups above, nothing wrong.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors. The lower floors bump against the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janie C
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Zeus was great; very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and quiet. Climate control was good. Decent breakfast.

The "fitness center" is pretty small and only has two treadmills, a stationary bike, a ball and free weights in the form of dumbells (no bench). There is a pool as well. Water is on the cool side (which I prefer but many would find too cold).

Would definitely stay here again :-).

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sara N
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I traveled to Kalamazoo on business and had never stayed in this brand of Marriott before. It was near to where I was working so I booked a room. When I entered the first room they had assigned to me, the first thing I noticed is that it smelled very musty. I opened up the window to let fresh air in and at first did not want to complain so I left the window open for several hours while I was at work. When I returned, the room still did not smell fresh so I asked for a different room. The second room wasn't any better. The manager who brought me the keys for the second room said maybe the rooms just need air freshener and I said that they should not need to use air fresheners to make the rooms smell clean if they are properly cleaned in the first place. A positive is that the decor of the room was nice and I liked the color scheme that they used. Also, if you are staying for an extended period of time or have small children, these rooms have full kitchens in them. I personally would not stay here again if in the area on business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Thogh Locatedjust off I-94, the room was quite. Size of the room was small but comfortable with a full size frig and a cooktop. Staff was pleasant and there were no problems checking out a day early even though the checkout time had passed. Breakfast area was clean and the food what one would expect. Beds were comfortable. Location was good with easy access to tennis sites. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 22 June 2012

the hotel was very clean, service was awesome, every one that worked there was very nice and helpful

Room Tip: the room we had was nice kitchen area, bed room plus a seprate living room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family